WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
In rotation: Tisell Marine Diver, Orient Bambino 36.4mm, Seiko SNK 809, & Yema Rallygraf Meca-Quartz
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sorry if this has been covered, but does anyone have advice for a good automatic moonphase watch that is affordable? Looking for one between 38-40mm, not too snazzy. Just the time, and a moonphase (not looking for perpetual calendar, power reserve indicator, etc).

Thanks in advance. Budget is flexible, but would prefer sub $500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I'll be interested in seeing suggestions. It's my favorite complication but my only moonphase is on an 80's Seiko quartz chrono (which is why I bought it all those years ago). Doesn't meet your criteria, however.

·
Registered
In rotation: Tisell Marine Diver, Orient Bambino 36.4mm, Seiko SNK 809, & Yema Rallygraf Meca-Quartz
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be interested in seeing suggestions. It's my favorite complication but my only moonphase is on an 80's Seiko quartz chrono (which is why I bought it all those years ago). Doesn't meet your criteria, however.
Too expensive or too big?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Out of production (but easily findable for $200-400). I thought it might be too busy for what you were looking for. I think it's about 39mm, pretty thin, 100m WR, very accurate. Model is 7A48-7000.
I like it. It’s auto?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Orient also has a bunch of different moon phase models as well. All below $500.

Just two of many:

The Orients are 42.5mm is my only gripe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'd like to get a moon phase watch as well. I've been considering some of Christopher Ward's models, but they might be too far over your budget.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The Orients are 42.5mm is my only gripe.

Yeah, I can’t seem to find anything that fits all your criteria. All the watches that check all the boxes seem to be 42+. All the ones 40 or under all seem to be quartz options.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I like it. It’s auto?

No. I mentioned that it was quartz in post #2. That said, it's a legendary quartz movement from Seiko and very accurate. I like mechanical watches too but when I bought this one it was during the quartz revolution and it was the functions and dial that drew me to it.

·
Registered
Seiko SKX007
34 Posts
I’m sorry if this has been covered, but does anyone have advice for a good automatic moonphase watch that is affordable? Looking for one between 38-40mm, not too snazzy. Just the time, and a moonphase (not looking for perpetual calendar, power reserve indicator, etc).

Thanks in advance. Budget is flexible, but would prefer sub $500.

·
Registered
Seiko SKX007
34 Posts
I find moonphase watches so
fascinating. I owned and used a Seiko Premier Moonphase Watch as my daily work watch for many years and was very happy with it and I actually really regret selling it. It wasn’t an automatic, but it was one of their kinetic watches and had power reserve gauge. At the end of the day I found the dial to be too busy. I recently was looking into a Zepplin moonphase that I really thought looked cool, but it too was not an automatic.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts