WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All
The moonphase has arrived. Very nice indeed:-!:-!. As per usual I have questions.

1. Do the screws on the buckle actually hold it to the strap end? Or are they just for show and the buckle is held on by spring bars.
2. Why did Ball put the tang for the buckle on upside down. I can't wear the watch until I get it reversed.

Setting the moonphase is a different story so I'll get into that later.

Charles
I followed your instructions on how to set the moonphase and I think I got it right. We'll see if it's right when the full moon arrives on the 24th. I also checked the lume and it glows like a champ. Not as bright as my EM II diver, but just as bright as my Fireman. I'm impressed:-!:-!

Regards
Bob:thanks

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi Bob,

Congrats on the arrival of your Moonie! :-!

I look forward to seeing your first impressions when you have a chance!

;-)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congratulations Bob!

Looking forward to some nice wrist and lume shots. :-! Good luck with your new beauty!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Bob---good to hear your Moonphase arrived safely! Tang put on backwards?? That is strange. No doubt you'll have that figured out real fast.
So, try and get us some pics if you can---I have a certain personal interest here since the Moonphase is next on my Ball Acquisiton Lovin'-it List (the B.A.L.L.) ;-)

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Hey Bob:

Too bad about the tang. Do you have a good watchmaker near you. If so, it takes a few seconds. I am not handy anymore with the screwdriver and those are little screws so I am afraid I would break them, but you may be just fine.

The screws are for aesthetics, and in the case of the forward two screws, that is what you would unscrew to change the tang around.

Let us know how it all turns out.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Would love to see a picture of how this looks. Can someone post one perhaps.

It is an odd shaped tang for sure, but it would seem there is only one possible way to fasten it...

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi HB,

That's a great photo! Thanks for posting it! That's some kind of huge event goin' on there! :-d

I can't take the credit for the "Moonie" nickname; one of our buddies here coined it...was it you, Scott? Anyway, it stuck...and now everyone here refers to the Moon Phase as the "Moonie"!
;-)

Haha Geoff,

How many BALL groups have been identified here at WUS? "Moonies" - love it! :-d

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Wow, just read about this and recalled a few days ago that this has happened several time.:-s

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=96633

May be a quality control issue that BALLUSA or others would like to be informed about?
You're right, HB. There've been at least a few instances where the tang of the buckle was installed backwards. It is something that Ball Watch should be made aware of so that further occurrences can be prevented...and as there are Ball Watch reps who frequent this forum regularly, I'm sure that they are now aware. ;-)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Congrats on your new "Moonie",Looking forward to some pics :-!
Good Luck and Enjoy

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
Congrats on the moonphase Bob. Look forward to pics and impressions - hope u get the buckle straightened put aqap... :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Guys
Got the tang on the buckle fixed. It turns out that the screws are for show only. It is held on by a spring bar. That's what my jeweler told me. Anyhow, problem solved.:-!

Regards
Bob:thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts