WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm about to purchase the OEM alligator strap and deployant combo for my Hesalite Moonwatch and had a few questions for the Omega faithful before I carve it in stone...

At the outset, I want something more formal/dressy compared to the factory bracelet and always had the OEM alligator/deployant on my radar. It is my understanding that the OEM leather strap configuration that comes on the Hesalite version (ref: 311.33.42.30.01.001) is the 20/16mm alligator leather strap (ref: 98000008) and the 20/16mm steel clasp (ref: 94521613). I am a little conflicted because it appears the Sapphire Sandwich model (ref: 311.33.42.30.01.002) comes on an 20/18mm strap and clasp. I'm not sure what version to order.

What are your opinions about the 20/16mm taper on the Hesalite Moonwatch strap? Does anyone think the 4mm taper looks awkward or lopsided? Right now, I'm leaning towards the OEM 20/16mm because most of my pin buckle straps are 20/18 and the 20/16 appears to be a little more formal and, dare I say it, refined. Some older threads mentioned that the 20/16mm is also truer to the original/vintage aesthetic of the Moonwatch. However, the consensus is that the 16mm clasp will limit aftermarket strap options. Is this true? I thought that most aftermarket straps for the OEM clasp were custom anyway, regardless of whether it’s the 18mm or 16mm clasp. In the past few years I also started to notice more strap makers offer options with the classic 20/16mm taper. All this inquiry for a measly 2mm difference lol...any pictures, recommendations, and insights are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts