WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you wish Casio would release more solid metal watches? :think:
I really like solid metal Casio's and have a few.
I'm not only thinking about MRG's even though a new range of those would be wonderful. :-!
Now, I know there would be a price premium, however, I would be more than happy to pay extra for a lovely
solid Stainless Steel G-Shock.
Some may say that this would lead to competition within the Casio range, however, if I'm correct, aren't the current
Casio MRG's (with exception of the GPS) rather old and in need of replacing anyway?

·
Registered
201 Posts
There are some rather new MRG-models on the market. And Casio just released some new all - steel Gshock as well, lower priced then MTG and MRG. The Gsteel series. So I don't see a need for another new all steel model. Cheers,

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are some rather new MRG-models on the market. And Casio just released some new all - steel Gshock as well, lower priced then MTG and MRG. The Gsteel series. So I don't see a need for another new all steel model. Cheers,
The G Steel watches are not solid stainless steel, they are resin/steel.
I was referring to all steel watches.

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: JanusTaurus

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. Then 2015 MRG it is. ;)
I'm thinking in addition to the MRG-GPS range.
A number of years ago, Casio seemed to have a larger range of Steel/Titanium models.
They were always very popular and sold well, I think. :think:
The Limited Edition one's always held their value particularly well too. :-!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
A number of years ago, Casio seemed to have a larger range of Steel/Titanium models.
casio still do, of cos in their regular entry level models and the obvious edifice.
but none in the affordable gshock category.

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
casio still do, of cos in their regular entry level models and the obvious edifice.
but none in the affordable gshock category.
Hmm, I think these models are steel/resin and hollow links rather than solid SS. :think:

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I want to see CASIO re-release the TW-7000.

I'm not sure if they could manage such a similar thin case with solar/atomic, but it wouldn't need to be a G-Shock so maybe it would be possible. Perhaps a little larger casing, to keep up with the times.

But imagine this watch with sapphire crystal, 24 hr STW/CDT, loud alarm, solar/atomic, and LED lighting.

Casio_TW-7000_white+gray1.jpg
TW-7000_wrist3.jpg
TW-7000_profile2.jpg
TW-7000_wrist1.jpg
WRUW_TW7000_wrist1.jpg

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
hollow links cannot be escaped.
but some of the entry level ones are also brass that is chrome coated to give appearance of steel... either way still a metal albeit a soft one.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts

I was fascinated by the older all-metal digital LCD MR-G models for a while. There are some interesting designs... but then I spotted the MRG-220 and was hooked by the casing contours and domed crystal. It unfortunately lacks a CDT, which I neglected to notice. :-( I wouldn't mind seeing this with solar/atomic, loud alarm, and solid feature set. But CASIO will likely never return to an all digital MR-G.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
The only all metal Gs were the MRG series, and I don't think they have ever been sold in large volume. Prior to the current GPS MRG models, they were basically JDM only I think. The MTG and G-Steel series are not full metal Gs as they have a resin middle layer in their construction. My guess is that it is not easy to make a metal watch that is shock resistant to G's usual standard

There are many all metal Casio though, plenty of them outside of the G-Shock and Protrek family

·
Registered
49 Posts
These are a couple of Photoshops I made a while ago, when I was pontificating on Casio making a new digital or analog-digital MRG.

Rangemister:

Originmister:

Frogmister:

Unfortunately, based on Casio's revamped marketing strategy for MRG, I can't see them making a digital or analog-digital MRG ever again. In the current WIS world, digital is synonymous with cheap, and Casio is trying to move the MRG line upmarket as high as they can, which means analog-only.

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
These are a couple of Photoshops I made a while ago, when I was pontificating on Casio making a new digital or analog-digital MRG.

Rangemister:

Originmister:

Frogmister:

Unfortunately, based on Casio's revamped marketing strategy for MRG, I can't see them making a digital or analog-digital MRG ever again. In the current WIS world, digital is synonymous with cheap, and Casio is trying to move the MRG line upmarket as high as they can, which means analog-only.

Ooh, those look great! :-!
Quick, send your CV to the Casio R&D team.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts