WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
More DLC
More sapphire crystals
Do high polish edges to bezel with sharp edges and corners. More, and better factory brushing like on bezel face,
Do some hardened titanium’s like the super high end Citizens use (duratect mtk duratect alpha etc)

I’ll pay more. Move the line upmarket. These are G shocks for grownups who had the resins a Kid.

basically I want a metal square MR-G
I don't know, man. I have an MR-G and a Ti camo square. I like them, but often feel that they are just too nice. I unknowingly baby them even more than I do with my automatics (to be fair, the automatics worth less than each of these nice Gs). This is stupid, I know, because the MR-G was my daily for some time (before the lockdown), banged it about without any sign of wear and tear. So I know the watch can take it. Yet most of the time I prefer my rugged quartz Casios, just more at ease with them.

So I don't want a metal square MR-G, give me a functional, indestructable, wearable one. Make a Rangeman V3 with all the functions of the V2 at the size of the V1. A man can dream. Sorry for derailing the thread.

·
Registered
106 Posts
did u mean to say “iron”? He cool would that be. Like a skillet type surface. They could also change the surface dimensions of the cover and bracelet to make it resemble a 5000 but with texture or “polygonal” angles as if it were in a video game.
Tron *

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Reactions: Dxnnis and adg31

·
Registered
273 Posts
red full metal square is now listed on shop online:

549€ red IP on Stainless Steel (as it is described to weigth 167g)...quite curious since all the pictures we've seen so far show a titanium construction (which is at ~120g). May it be a simple placeholder?

EDIT:
blue camo listed at 1549€

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for that. Really looking forward to these new watches.

Didn't go for the original camo, loved the idea and execution but it just seemed a bit bland for me. This blue though looks right up my alley. If the green is a similarly vibrant hue then I'll be sold on that too.

The red will need to be seen first, seems at first a pretty loud colour for a metal watch.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Good catch! On the Ti camo there is "change control" feature without mentioning Bluetooth connection. Interesting, because earlier metal squares didn't show charge without smartphone link. I wonder if its just superficial description or actual update.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,676 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Did someone say rose gold?

You had a golden phase (age?) not too long ago. Maybe a there's a second coming :)

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
You had a golden phase (age?) not too long ago. Maybe a there's a second coming :)

Dunno what you're talkin' 'bout, bro.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I am not a good person. I do however like gold watches that are done right or to my liking. I have a b5000gd9 on the way as we speak. It will be obnoxious. It will be silly but I like the brushed gold look of casios and Gs. Not sure about the bezel but it’s supposed to be a fun watch. That’s why I bought it. And the gd9 will balance my b5000s(6 total) well. I will quit after this gold guy unless I get a deal on a tcm/tb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I am not a good person. I do however like gold watches that are done right or to my liking. I have a b5000gd9 on the way as we speak. It will be obnoxious. It will be silly but I like the brushed gold look of casios and Gs. Not sure about the bezel but it’s supposed to be a fun watch. That’s why I bought it. And the gd9 will balance my b5000s(6 total) well. I will quit after this gold guy unless I get a deal on a tcm/tb.

I think the GD9 is actually quite tasteful because it has the brushed bezel and negative STN display. Might have to pick one up myself one of these days.

By the way, just sell 3 of of your 6 B5000s and pick up a TB1 or TCM. ;)

Reactions: JaredNish

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I think the GD9 is actually quite tasteful because it has the brushed bezel and negative STN display. Might have to pick one up myself one of these days.

By the way, just sell 3 of of your 6 B5000s and pick up a TB1 or TCM. ;)
All I’ve heard is the same. Most are surprised about the overall with the GD9. I’m really excited for something out of my norm. I feel like they are holding value or even getting more expensive and I bought this one then the same seller is selling another for $80 more. With these metal squares I have the “gotta get as many as possible before they are all $2000 bug. I know not all will hold or increase value and that’s not my total reasoning. And I could sell for a TCM but I would have to sell all but my V and it’s to much to lose. I’ll just save and smash my piggy when it’s time to buy. Lol.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Oh,.. by the Fu&$?ing way,... I saw this a couple days ago. It is RIDICULOUS,... it is gaudy. But it’s so damn cool. I’m guessing about 5 in existence?

And it’s a screaming deal at $104,000. Wonder what happened to those all sapphire squares.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah, they were supposed to come out as a limited run serie but nothing happened since then. So little is known about them, if I recall correctly only two pictures were posted :-(

21 - 40 of 40 Posts