WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

More Full Metal squares coming?

11K views 56 replies 24 participants last post by  Darkchild 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has anymore info about the new Gs coming. I heard "metal" and got excited. Not sure if the photo is an actual new model or concept. I, for one, am hoping for a Basel world b5000 in bronze. Or a dull or matte silver color way.

hoping for super secret inside info.

#15 ·
what's the fuss about? Casio made some Mr.G in the past, those are classic, but not really practical for the average Joe's everyday use
unless he is a desk diver

I go to work and run with the lightest G,

lolz
I'm intrigued as to why you think Mr.G's are not practical for everyday use?
I thought the whole concept behind Mr.G was that it was a 'nice' watch that was rugged enough for everyday use? :unsure:

#11 ·
Wow. I'm down for all of these things:

Resin model of the b5000 (with a posi display) Yes please.

The red looks cool but would be so much better all matte( anodized) with a red display or negative.

Color camo,... hmm 50/50 on that one.

@g-fob2

The fuss IMO is that the b5k is a great contender for best overall look and function with the display clarity and durability. (If you like "character" on your G that is). Everyone has their G,.. for mine it is a cross between b5000/gwg1000/9400 rangeman. If I could have every color way in a model it would be my B5ks.

man I can't wait to see what develops. Worn Gs my whole life and JUST LATELY have begun to obsess. I'm going to hell.

#12 · (Edited)
I was expecting the green camo to be more greenish: don't know, it kinda resembles me a mossy cobblestone block from Minecraft :D. Anyhow, let's see the blue one but, at the moment, I personally don't like the green so much.
In spite of that, IMHO the red one looks good but...the IP coating is a big question mark in terms of durability against a DLC coating :\.

As JaredNish wrote in his opening post: a bronze square would be beautiful in my opinion. I kinda hope Casio will develop a carbon fiber and a ceramic square too!

EDIT: in terms of positive displays: I don't know if there will be more of them. Fortunately I don't have difficulties reading the negative ones IF STN as on the new squares but I can imagine for someone of us could represent an unpleasent feature. I think that is pretty clear that camo lineup will be fitted with negative lcds but, on the web is reported to be launched a white camo pattern serie...if a white camo full metal square will come out at some point, IMHO, it will be fitted with positive lcd.

#14 · (Edited)
For the ones interested in, here is a new pic: it is the official Casio catalogue image.

Edit:
Looks like there are some differences between this pic and the previously seen photos: the red corner around the LCD si missing, and the brushed finish on the bezel doesn't match the blingy bezel we saw in the photos. Also the screws: here are red ip coated while in the old photos are blacked out...

#17 ·
did u mean to say "iron"? He cool would that be. Like a skillet type surface. They could also change the surface dimensions of the cover and bracelet to make it resemble a 5000 but with texture or "polygonal" angles as if it were in a video game.

#19 ·
More DLC
More sapphire crystals
Do high polish edges to bezel with sharp edges and corners. More, and better factory brushing like on bezel face,
Do some hardened titanium’s like the super high end Citizens use (duratect mtk duratect alpha etc)

I’ll pay more. Move the line upmarket. These are G shocks for grownups who had the resins a Kid.

basically I want a metal square MR-G

#20 ·
basically I want a metal square MR-G
As I've grown to like squares more and more, I'm inclined to agree. A titanium colored square w/a surface hardening treatment and sapphire crystal...I think I'd find the money to get one, even if it is overpriced, and even if that meant selling off some of my current watches. It would tick so many boxes.

#23 ·
#27 · (Edited)
red full metal square is now listed on shop online:

549€ red IP on Stainless Steel (as it is described to weigth 167g)...quite curious since all the pictures we've seen so far show a titanium construction (which is at ~120g). May it be a simple placeholder?

EDIT:
blue camo listed at 1549€

#28 ·
Thanks for that. Really looking forward to these new watches.

Didn't go for the original camo, loved the idea and execution but it just seemed a bit bland for me. This blue though looks right up my alley. If the green is a similarly vibrant hue then I'll be sold on that too.

The red will need to be seen first, seems at first a pretty loud colour for a metal watch.

#31 ·
Did someone say rose gold?

#36 ·
I am not a good person. I do however like gold watches that are done right or to my liking. I have a b5000gd9 on the way as we speak. It will be obnoxious. It will be silly but I like the brushed gold look of casios and Gs. Not sure about the bezel but it’s supposed to be a fun watch. That’s why I bought it. And the gd9 will balance my b5000s(6 total) well. I will quit after this gold guy unless I get a deal on a tcm/tb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#37 ·
I am not a good person. I do however like gold watches that are done right or to my liking. I have a b5000gd9 on the way as we speak. It will be obnoxious. It will be silly but I like the brushed gold look of casios and Gs. Not sure about the bezel but it's supposed to be a fun watch. That's why I bought it. And the gd9 will balance my b5000s(6 total) well. I will quit after this gold guy unless I get a deal on a tcm/tb.

I think the GD9 is actually quite tasteful because it has the brushed bezel and negative STN display. Might have to pick one up myself one of these days.

By the way, just sell 3 of of your 6 B5000s and pick up a TB1 or TCM. ;)

Reactions: JaredNish
#39 ·
Oh,.. by the Fu&$?ing way,... I saw this a couple days ago. It is RIDICULOUS,... it is gaudy. But it's so damn cool. I'm guessing about 5 in existence?

And it's a screaming deal at $104,000. Wonder what happened to those all sapphire squares.

#41 · (Edited)
Looks like the blue Ti is up on the G-SHOCK UK site now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.