WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

I tried putting the Kevlike strap on today, looks like great quality, fits the watch well. For some reason it made the watch feel allot taller to me, I like the bracelet, dont think ill ever take it off again. I do kinda want to try cutting the strap so it will go on the bracelet adapter instead of the watch, sounds odd but I think it may look cool.

Rick, I hear ya when it comes to lack of funds, 365 aint to shabby though for a tough little tank like the Holotype, a dollar a day for a year should cover it :-d :-!

· Registered
4,463 Posts
Halifax, great pictures of your Holotype!!! I especially like the first one with the ants crawling on it; I could never take such a closeup shot with my cheap digital camera. :-(

Looking at all of your pictures; I've noticed that there is a little black scuff mark in the center "4" of the "45" minute mark on your bezel. Is that paint or an imperfection of the bezel? Just curious.

· Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Halifax, great pictures of your Holotype!!! I especially like the first one with the ants crawling on it; I could never take such a closeup shot with my cheap digital camera. :-(

Looking at all of your pictures; I've noticed that there is a little black scuff mark in the center "4" of the "45" minute mark on your bezel. Is that paint or an imperfection of the bezel? Just curious.
Thanks again guys :-!

The 45 marker seems to have a chip which got filled in with paint, it doesnt bother me and you cant really see it in person, but it does show up in pictures (which does bug me a bit). I think im going to get some grey pant and dab that corner, should do the trick.

Edit. Just after posting I looked at it again and seen that it wasnt a chip, just paint out of bounds. Took my fingernail to it and its totally gone!! It just came off, super easy fix, looks perfect.

· Registered
4,463 Posts
Glad to hear that you fixed the problem, and it was only an errant stray paint mark. I guess the bezel numbers are painted by hand? I am looking at my Kobold SEAL bezel and it too has engraved numbers with filled black paint. I can't imagine how someone can fill in those tiny grooves. I am thinking that maybe they just smudge on a whole bunch of black paint over the bezel, and wipe off the excess; which fills in those grooves. :think: Anyways, glad you sorted that out. |>

· Registered
1,673 Posts
Thanks guys.

I tried putting the Kevlike strap on today, looks like great quality, fits the watch well. For some reason it made the watch feel allot taller to me, I like the bracelet, dont think ill ever take it off again. I do kinda want to try cutting the strap so it will go on the bracelet adapter instead of the watch, sounds odd but I think it may look cool.

Rick, I hear ya when it comes to lack of funds, 365 aint to shabby though for a tough little tank like the Holotype, a dollar a day for a year should cover it :-d :-!
Beautiful pics! Lovely countryside.

I also agree about the maratac strap making the watch feel tall! Bracelet is awesome though and I like your idea of a custom cut strap for the end link.

· Registered
1,673 Posts
Halifax-

I just tried your idea with the strap. I cut notches in the Maratac to fit the end link and it fits much nicer. I don't know about the look, though, but I think I like it. The only caveat is that the screw holding the strap will peek out the sides on occasion (but it won't fall through- so it is nice and secure)

I just need to fine tune the edges with a match and sharpie the innards black.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.