WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the watch outside for some shots yesterday, thought id share.

This one is to show off the lume, took it when I got home.

[/quote]

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Absolutely stunning pictures. Mail just came and no Holotype for me o|. Maybe tomorrow?? In the meantime I'll just have to drool over your pics!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I tried putting the Kevlike strap on today, looks like great quality, fits the watch well. For some reason it made the watch feel allot taller to me, I like the bracelet, dont think ill ever take it off again. I do kinda want to try cutting the strap so it will go on the bracelet adapter instead of the watch, sounds odd but I think it may look cool.

Rick, I hear ya when it comes to lack of funds, 365 aint to shabby though for a tough little tank like the Holotype, a dollar a day for a year should cover it :-d :-!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A question if I can. Years down the road when I get this puppy all scratched up, can I get it re-blasted?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Congrats|> Very cool design. I like the dial with large markers like that and I wish more watch companies would do that. Do those have Superluminova Halifax?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats|> Very cool design. I like the dial with large markers like that and I wish more watch companies would do that. Do those have Superluminova Halifax?
The is lume is 'Seiko Lumibright', im impressed, shes a good glower.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Great pics man. Mine hasnt' left my wrist yet! I am currently wearing it on the kevlar-like strap and it's very comfortable.
Matt

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Congrats on a great watch and awesome pics to boot!
Ive been drooling over the Holotype now since its release but im afraid that beast will be too overwhelming for my measly 6.5' inch o|

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Halifax, great pictures of your Holotype!!! I especially like the first one with the ants crawling on it; I could never take such a closeup shot with my cheap digital camera. :-(

Looking at all of your pictures; I've noticed that there is a little black scuff mark in the center "4" of the "45" minute mark on your bezel. Is that paint or an imperfection of the bezel? Just curious.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Halifax, great pictures of your Holotype!!! I especially like the first one with the ants crawling on it; I could never take such a closeup shot with my cheap digital camera. :-(

Looking at all of your pictures; I've noticed that there is a little black scuff mark in the center "4" of the "45" minute mark on your bezel. Is that paint or an imperfection of the bezel? Just curious.
Thanks again guys :-!

The 45 marker seems to have a chip which got filled in with paint, it doesnt bother me and you cant really see it in person, but it does show up in pictures (which does bug me a bit). I think im going to get some grey pant and dab that corner, should do the trick.

Edit. Just after posting I looked at it again and seen that it wasnt a chip, just paint out of bounds. Took my fingernail to it and its totally gone!! It just came off, super easy fix, looks perfect.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Great pictures of an awesome watch. Mine arrived yesterday, the exact same one as yours. I am loving it. Great BIG BANG for your buck!! Thank you Jason!!:thanks:-!

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Glad to hear that you fixed the problem, and it was only an errant stray paint mark. I guess the bezel numbers are painted by hand? I am looking at my Kobold SEAL bezel and it too has engraved numbers with filled black paint. I can't imagine how someone can fill in those tiny grooves. I am thinking that maybe they just smudge on a whole bunch of black paint over the bezel, and wipe off the excess; which fills in those grooves. :think: Anyways, glad you sorted that out. |>

·
Registered
269 Posts
Oh...I'm developing "Holotype aquisition syndrome" darn it!!

Anyone have both this and a swiss army divemaster 500?
I know the Holotype is an auto and the DM is quartz, but I'd kind of decided I wanted a divemaster next until I saw these Halios'....very much the ideal tool watch for me!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Thanks guys.

I tried putting the Kevlike strap on today, looks like great quality, fits the watch well. For some reason it made the watch feel allot taller to me, I like the bracelet, dont think ill ever take it off again. I do kinda want to try cutting the strap so it will go on the bracelet adapter instead of the watch, sounds odd but I think it may look cool.

Rick, I hear ya when it comes to lack of funds, 365 aint to shabby though for a tough little tank like the Holotype, a dollar a day for a year should cover it :-d :-!

Beautiful pics! Lovely countryside.

I also agree about the maratac strap making the watch feel tall! Bracelet is awesome though and I like your idea of a custom cut strap for the end link.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Halifax-

I just tried your idea with the strap. I cut notches in the Maratac to fit the end link and it fits much nicer. I don't know about the look, though, but I think I like it. The only caveat is that the screw holding the strap will peek out the sides on occasion (but it won't fall through- so it is nice and secure)

I just need to fine tune the edges with a match and sharpie the innards black.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts