WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think this is in the right place in the forums, but I couldnt find a spot for appraisals and inquiries of watches, so I'm posting here...

This is what I know about my watch:

It's a Longines.
It's been in the family for around 80-100 years, my mother's great Grandfather owned it.
It's got a Speidel band around it.
10K gold plated.
Wind-up watch, still works and keeps excellent time.

That's all I know about the watch. I get compliments on it all the time, so I thought I'd register in this forum and see if someone knows anything about the watch, and can tell me more about it. Maybe guesstimates about the actual age of the watch and the possible retail value of it? And No, sorry, I'm not interested in selling or trading it. Here is an image of it:

Bryce:)

·
Registered
741 Posts
"It's been in the family for around 80-100 years..."

your watch was, more than likely, made in the 1950s or 1960s. if you can, and if you're uncomfortable doing it then don't, try and take a picture of the movement. that will help pin down a more accurate time.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Looks like 1950s to me as well. Longines has serial number records so we can ID it more precisely if you can get the serial number off the movement.
Sorry but we do not give valuations in this forum for reasons we outline in our sticky notes.

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
The stretch band is from the late 60's. I've seen it on several brands, and I have the exact one a Bulova from 1969. That may have been replaced on your watch at a later date than when it was purchased as it was commonly sold in retailers from Woolworth's to jewelery stores.. The florentine pattern on the bezel was very popular in the early to mid 60's. I have a 1964 Longines Diamond Dynasty with the same pattern on the case.

the Bulova with the same style band:

the Longines with the same pattern (on the right):

Judging by the clues, that watch is no earlier than a late 50's model even though the dial looks to be from an earlier period. How about a movement picture? If you an get a clean photo it would help a lot, as we could see the movement's number. With that, I could look to see if I have record of it in some reference material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts