WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking at Komandirskies again and discovered there is one newer model with a 2434 movement? Anyone know what the differences are in these two movements? Thx...

Vostok watch Komandirskie [2434/641753] on Smirs.com:

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: More Komandirskie: 2414 vs. 2434? It HACKS!

I may have found the answer! - according to this page on P. Maier's website with information on Russian watch movements, the 2434 hacks! :-!|>:-!

It says:

Vostok 2434 (RU)
Mechanical lever movement
Manual winding, second stop
Diameter: 24 mm
Movement height: 4,14 mm
17 jewels
Functions: hours, minutes, date calendar
Shock protection
Frequency: 19800 vph.
Daily rate from -20 to +60 s/day
Power reserve minimum: 38 h
Watches with Vostok movement 2434: Vostok military mechanical with second stop

The page with all the "second stop" Komadirskies on the Maier site is impossible to find from a direct link in their menu system - I stumbled on to it through a Google search instead. Not sure why they don't have the page directly linked from the Komandirskie or Vostok listings? (unless I'm missing the link somehow).

I just ordered one of the 2434 Komandirskies; there's also a nice-looking black-faced version, apparently the only two with the 2434. Cost me about $50.00 including shipping to the U.S. Will report back when it arrives!

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,195 Posts

Not sure - that page doesn't specifically say the 2414 hacks, but it does say the 2434 has the "second stop" feature. Komandirskie owners, can you shed any light on this?
I did not read this topic before, after a post by Watch22 i want to add now some other informations.

Vostok 2434 is a short-lived series of Komandirskie model, made in 2004-2005. On the Vostok website, is it still possible to read in the press note, it's described to have a "brutal design"...indeed, the design was the main lack of this model.

Also, there were the problems of finish typical of the normal, low-priced, new-generation Komandirskie. On the caseback, near the crown, there was already a loss of chrome after some months of life (i bought the watch from a forum member, already with lost chrome). I put a bit of silver paint to cover it. They put an important movement in a non-sense, cheap case. The dial is very nice though, differently from many others of the same series.

Vostok 2434 (not more produced AFAIK) is currently the only hacking variant of the Vostok 24xx movements. Still today, no modern Vostoks (Amphibia 1967, Komandirskie K-34 etc), nor Vostok -Europe have hacking movements. So i suppose that this movement was an old project that saw the light only in a relatively small batch production.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,799 Posts

For me it is a beautiful watch,and the 2434 works very well:-!very fine;-)

·
Registered
4,195 Posts

For me it is a beautiful watch,and the 2434 works very well:-!very fine;-)
I agree. Probably the weak points of this watch are bezel and some dials, but your watch is clean and pleasant. :-! But i regret that they did not use a real, old-style, classic Komandirskie case with big crown, big crown guards and numbered bezel. :-(

How about the chrome? Do you wear it frequently?

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's an update, and photos of my new Komandirskie with the 2434 movement.

The 2434 to me is the same good quality as my 2414 Komandirskie, but my 2434 is not as accurate as the other, it runs about 30 seconds fast per day.

Also, this 2434 does not hack. It appears to operate exactly the same as my 2414, which is a disappointment. The good part though is that both watches can do the "poor man's hack" at any level of winding. So even if they are both fully wound up, I can move the second hand back a little bit and it will stop the seconds hand, which allows me to set the watch.

So this seems to be a myth that the 2434 will hack, at least in the way that I understand the word.

I like my blue 2414 better, it is very accurate, which I like very much.

Here's the new 2434:

And here's my original 2414:

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Also, this 2434 does not hack. It appears to operate exactly the same as my 2414, which is a disappointment.
Unless the hacking stop is broken, this means that your watch has been fitted with a normal caliber 2414 (no 2434 inside). :think:

·
Registered
127 Posts

I have the Black version of this and its a 2414a movement in it, cannot control the second hand like you say, only by fully winding it. :think:
I was wearing it today and I love it for such a cheaply priced watch, alot of character I think

1 - 10 of 10 Posts