WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am wondering what the "budget" line of this company is. Since I am a student, money is tight but I want to save up for a nice watch and the Ball company has really caught me eye. Being from Europe I have a hard time finding sellers as well.

Thanks for looking, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
20,970 Posts
From what I generally constated Ball watches aren't affordable for most of us, students or not, the majority of Ball watches are between $1,500 to $3,000 price range, one of the newest model is he Fireman Victory which is currently the nicest and most affordable in my book. If you really like Ball watches this watch is definitely worth saving.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f239/wou...n-victory-if-ball-us-offered-here-532250.html

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'd recommend the Fireman Racer. It is my favorite Ball watch I've owned (I've had 4 of them) and one of the most affordable models. The Fireman II is nice, but doesn't have the refinement of the Racer. Plus the Racer is much more versatile, so it would work well as a one nice watch solution. I've worn in on the rubber strap, the bracelet, leather, and ostrich, and the watch could serve in any situation with the looks the different strap options provide. I have photos of it in the photo album.

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
For a student, I wouldn't over commit resources on a watch just yet--I would suggest looking for a Fireman II, which still seem to be available new for under $1K, and in many cases, much less. Used, there are even better deals to be had on the Fireman series--I especially like the first generation Fireman series myself. I would NOT recommend the newest incarnations, such as the Racer, simply because they are new, and command the least discounts--go for a slightly older version of the Fireman, and still be ahead in the money game. Good luck.
Peter

·
Registered
474 Posts
What would be your "budget"? You can find some very clean Ball watches in the sales forum. Not sure if that's what your looking for. For instance there is a brand new in box EM II for about $1300.00. Just depends on what your budget is. Good luck.

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts