WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
You don't need a thread....just look up pocket watches on etsy.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,664 Posts
His claim that the watches are incredibly rare would be more credible if he wasn't selling two of them.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Well, all of my Bring a Brain threads cover that...
Then again, I don't think I have written any coverage of the eBay fleecers before.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
How about this beautiful 7 jewel 6 sized elgin for a cheap $295

295 6 size.jpg

My usual source tries to get me to buy these from him for $25 in running condition.....I still will not buy them.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
One of my best eBay buys was a Longines from a vendor in Sofia.
As usual generalisations are just that.
One of my best buys was a pocket watch from a local pawn shop.....some people classify pawn shops as shady and crooked. As usual, all depends on the shop and being on your toes to know what you are getting.

·
Registered
492 Posts
How about this beautiful 7 jewel 6 sized elgin for a cheap $295

View attachment 12939121

My usual source tries to get me to buy these from him for $25 in running condition.....I still will not buy them.
Ha! Good thing I don't know your source since I already have a soft spot for (read: incurable addiction to) 6S Elgins. I have far more 7J and higher) klunkers than runners. :D

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Ha! Good thing I don't know your source since I already have a soft spot for (read: incurable addiction to) 6S Elgins. I have far more 7J and higher) klunkers than runners. :D
Local coin shop.

I picked up 2 ladies 7 jewel Hampden Molly Stark at the auction on Saturday. Spent $10 each. Running.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Local coin shop.

I picked up 2 ladies 7 jewel Hampden Molly Stark at the auction on Saturday. Spent $10 each. Running.

Cool. Clearly I need to peruse the nearby brick and mortars! :)

·
Premium Member
12,939 Posts
This ois why I never buy watches from some countries too many risks being scammed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts