WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The Accutron vx-200 comes in a chrono and the 3 hand, date. I assume you are comparing two chronos.

Comparing the two watches, they are significantly different. Auto and Quartz being the most significant.

Not knowing how much you know...

Auto = mechanical automatic movement, no need for a battery. Will continuously run if worn, but will stop usually after a day and a half (depending on the movement) if let sit. Then you'll have to set that date and time and wind it. Or you can keep it on a winder.

Quartz = more accurate; will continuously run until battery runs out. Then you'll need to have it replaced. Just grab it a go.

The Accutron is larger by quite a bit (~6mm wide and 4mm in height) and is 200m WR compared to only 30 for the Movado. It is not recommended that you swim with the Movado

This is just a brief comparison. You should search around the forum for info. You'll also find more people here are into automatic/mechanical watches

You'll have to decide which suits your needs better.

FWIW, I like the Accutron.

Keith

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Not owning either brand, I would take the Accutron. The automatic movement is the primary reason, the bracelet on the Accutron looks nicer. Plus many users have commented positively on the VX 200.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Easy one. The Accutron. Bigger, automatic and looks better (IMHO). Also, an automatic is preferably (to me, anyway). I'm assuming you're getting the Accutron through Shnoop.com - killer deal!

You'll find that we generally prefer automatics around here but there are quartz models we like, too.

Welcome and have fun with it!! You'll be in the grips of watch collecting within no time!

·
Registered
393 Posts
It also depends on what you plan on doing while wearing the watch. I've noticed that the Movado is only water resistant to 30 meters, where the Accutron (which I own) is 200 meters water resistant. A movable bezel does not a dive watch make! The Movado is also significantly smaller than the Accutron (38 mm for the Movado vs. 45mm for the Accutron) and I can attest that the Accutron's bracelet is absolutely beautiful and unlike any other watch I own.

On the Movado's side is the fact that it is approximately 40% cheaper than the Accutron, but if you were planning on taking it in the water, that advantage would quickly disappear.

The Accutron gives the additional pleasure of having an exhibition back so you can see the Valjoux 7750 in action.

I think my preference is obvious... but you have to pick the watch that does what you need and gives you the look you prefer. Good Luck either way! :-!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts