WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first thread. I would be happy to be redirected.

I am interested to know if any value of the watch is placed on jewel count (17 vs 31) or type ( Sub Sea vs non Sub Sea).

·
Premium Member
7,490 Posts
If you read the sticky thread on this forum, you will see that giving actual valuations of watches is discouraged. However, there is no prohibition against discussing value of vintage watches in general. This is a forum for vintage watch collectors, and we would be happy to see your vintage watch and to provide information about it, although you should not expect opinions about its value.

Your specific question is too simplistic; however, I think I can say with confidence that jewel count (especially above 17 jewels) is a negligible factor. The particular model and brand of the watch are obviously important, as is the condition, authenticity, originality, case material, type of movement, size, etc., etc.

·
Premium Member
13,381 Posts
The 17 jewels were the export or the usa marketed models where a higher jewel count was submitted to higher taxes. It was also the case with Omega US marketed models which had a lower jewel count than their european marketed models. As Dan said the value will depend of a lot things like originality and condition of the dial and the movement,and the also the model. Prices aren't on the cheap side either especially for a sub sea el primero chronograph.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts