WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just found a beautiful Movado triple date with black dial. Also it seems to be 18k gold, but lets say that doesn't matter that much. My question is: is it real? was the dial touched? and maybe (I know there is no price evaluation here) how much is it worth. The seller is asking around $1400, which doesn't sound bad if it's all in order. What do you guys think?

movado1.jpg

movado2.jpg

movado3.jpg

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Redial. Paint creeps up the markers, the font is odd... Not the worst of redials, as the date display looks aligned correctly, and the seconds subdial is not half bad, but still- it's a redial.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,146 Posts
I must say that I'm not so sure. My main verdict is that, on the basis of this one picture, not excessively close up, from the front only (no angle shots) and with a fair amount of reflection, it is not possible to say anything conclusive about the dial. The hands are of a believable style and length but are far too shiny. Since the case is gold, I would expect the hands to be solid gold too so they may not be replacements but instead might have been polished. They are certainly not in an original, "aged" state, though.....

Hartmut Richter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts