WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know eventually everything is possible but Im not looking for highly delocate custom job that costs a kidney.

Here is the question. Is it doable to take Ocean 1 Titan 500's movement out and install it into the OVM no date?

And if yes what kind of watchmaker should perform such task? The local watchmaker or the authorized brand dealers' watchmaker? Do they have better tools for the job?

I really like the look of OVM and the movement of Titan 500. That would be cool if that could be done.

·
Registered
20,580 Posts
Any good local watchmaker can do it.

Sent from my LG-H630 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,337 Posts
yes. a competent technician can do it. it's Not a big job anyways.
good luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So a watch having eta 2824 can without diameter issue be able to fit a 2892? Do these eta movements share the same diameter?

·
Registered
20,580 Posts
So a watch having eta 2824 can without diameter issue be able to fit a 2892? Do these eta movements share the same diameter?
Watchmakers usually have an assortment of movement spacers for different movements. The 2824 and 2892 are very popular movements, it shouldn't be an issue with them.

Sent from my LG-H630 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sefrcoko

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
As far as I know both movements have the same diameter. The ETA 2892 is thinner than the ETA 2824.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
The thinner part is an important dependency for a good fit across dimensions. Don't assume it will work, at least a ring is needed.
Not sure if the hands are compatible either

1 - 7 of 7 Posts