WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a vintage Stowa. Is this a movement associated with Stowa? Not seeing any markings. Also, is it missing a jewel?! Thanks for any info!
Stowa movement.jpg

·
Registered
808 Posts
It looks like a Unitas 173 (the last number is a bit hidden on this picture) that was used in some Stowa (and not all movements were marked with "Stowa").

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
In the period this watch was made, Stowa acted as general agent for importing Swiss Unitas movements to Germany.
They used the movements in their own watches, but sold them to other watch companies too.
Why don't you show your watch's face? May be we can tell you more,

Volker

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Volker, watch was on sale on MyWatchMart, lots of pics over there.

View attachment 15207455
Now that's a watch Stowa should re-issue

And by that I mean properly re-issue not just a similar dial in a marine / flieger case. I understand it must be cost effective but i'm not a fan of Stowa's habit of sharing cases between so many models, surely each model deserves a unique case.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This watch re-entered my attention today. Anyone have further thoughts as to its veracity? Here's another couple pics for good measure:
Stowa2.jpg
Stowa4.jpg

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Now that's a watch Stowa should re-issue

And by that I mean properly re-issue not just a similar dial in a marine / flieger case. I understand it must be cost effective but i'm not a fan of Stowa's habit of sharing cases between so many models, surely each model deserves a unique case.
Love the logo on that. I think it would look rather bland with the current logo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts