WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was plannig on making an Oris my next watch purchase. I was looking in the area of the diver's watches. I recieved an Oris catalog the other day and I noticed that none of the watches appeared to be certified "chronometer" (according to their catalog. This is an important feature (to me anyway) and I was wondering if I misread or misunderstood something. Any input would be appreciated. THanks

·
1,264 Posts
Chronometers are nice, but you are going to pay for that certification. If it is important to you, you will need to look to other brands as Oris does not produce many chronometers.

I have several Oris watches and at least 1/3 of them run within COSC specs even though they are not certified as chronometers.

Chris

·
Registered
530 Posts
According to oceanic time Oris is coming out with a limited edition chronometer (link: OceanicTime: ORIS Aquis Date UHREN-MAGAZIN Limited Edition )

I had my Titan C at the watchmaker to get regulated and it's within 1 second of where it was last Saturday morning (i.e. 4 1/2 days). +/- 2 sec variation in between. It's really about the movement. Once that's settled, get it set right by a watchmaker and you can have a very accurate watch.

Everything else is just a label.

My $0.02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts