WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recognize this little fella?

It is a nickel plated, 13''', 15 jewel, sub-second, Swiss lever escapement, operating at 2.5 hz (18,000 bph).

It came out of a silver-cased, porcelain dialed Vulcain wrist watch.

Thanks....

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Thanks for putting these pictures up Ken. I've been able to match the bridge layout on a 10.5''' Zenith. The next time I go see Marshall the watch maker I'll have to see if I can match the set works in his copy of Pauson's

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,881 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, cellar. I'm sorry if I'm missing a point here but I know my Zenith movements somewhere between fairly and rather well and this one is nothing like any of them.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I asked Cellar to post the picture because I thought there was some similarity, when I was looking through a copy of Paulson's, at a watch maker I know. I did not know the size of the movement because I had already mailed it. the bridge plate is wrong but the holes are about the same and the click is in the correct position so I wanted to compare it to the picture. All this is moot because the movement needs to be replaced due to it being buggered beyond economic repair.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there,

no idea what it actually is, but it looks like a bigger copy of the Movado 150:

Regards, Roland Ranfft
The archetecture of the setting and train mechanism, and even the decoration, lead me to think Roland has nailed the manufacturer - Movado.

Now we need to find out which caliber.

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Hi -

Well, I checked my vintage movement reference guides (Swiss references from 1939, 1949 and 1955, ), as well as my BestFit #111 (1963), and I can't find it. In my references (including the Enkelkamper (1967), Berger (1949) and Jacob (1958) catalogs) I can only find a 13''' Vulcain, the Cal 59, but the dial side does NOT match this movement. I can't find a Movado in 13''' in any of these, just 12 3/4''', and the dial sides also don't match...

Doesn't mean it doesn't exist (the Movado), it just means that I can't find it... :think:

JohnF

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Re: Got it

Hi -

Goodness. Does largely look like it: the wheel train bridge in lysanderxiii's movement is a tad different - his is solid, this one is not - but the click, the balance wheel, the mainspring...methinks it's been identified... :)

JohnF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts