WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I have been looking on the Ranfft site to try to identify a watch movement. I have used the search facility for, brand, manual/ automatic , no. of jewels and then worked through the lists opening up, comparing with my watch and moving onto the next. I find this process interesting but wonder whether I am missing a more efficient way to identify a movement. I would appreciate any advice at all.
I have attached photos of the particular watch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
Looks like an AS modified base but which one I can't tell.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,146 Posts
I can't identify it either. But it is most intriguing!

What makes it intriguing is that it is basically (or at least looks like) a subseconds movement, yet it has a centre seconds hand. But no evident large extra gear that is located above the geartrain bridge (first generation setup), nor one that is under an extra bridge (second generation setup). But here, we can see an extra gear - the solid, golden yellow one - placed under the main geartrain bridge, without any visible ruby! This makes the setup (basically the same as one of the two aforementioned ones) rather slim, no more than the base subseconds calibre. Very innovative!

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I only wish that I had a fraction of the knowledge that you have. I need to learn a lot more so that I can understand movements properly.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Reconvilier was a movement manufacturer, I don't have a reference book but I can see several 10,5 and 11,5 movements on this website LINK

So if anyone have Bestfit, Flume or a similar book it would be nice to take a look. :)

I guess it's a nice exotic movement, just how I like them. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts