WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there everybody
I was just wondering if anybody could help me with a little conundrum... It might be completely unsuitable for this forum but here goes
I am currently studying to become a computer aided product designer and have an aesthetics project to do. So i decided to try and create a fully functioning and moving watch movement> I was just wondering if anyone could direct me to anywhere where i could obtain any technical drawings of one? It doesnt matter how old or obsolete or basic it is .. just as long a it is mechanical.. if any one could help me out on this I would greatly appreciate it :D
Thanks in advance
Oleg

·
Registered
9,652 Posts
Hi -

Welcome to WUS!

Sounds like a great project. :)

ETA, the largest Swiss maker of watch movements, has some great stuff up at their web site, but not as a CAD file (duh: you could take this and make their movements), but you can either get the PDFs of the isometric views of the watch movements here or there are some interactive flash displays available (see here for a link to the 2892 movement disassembly, for instance).

You may want to contact Seiko in Japan to see if they have anything available for such a project as well. Wasn't able to find schematics on their web site, though...

JohnF

1 - 2 of 2 Posts