WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the Flieger, is there any chance of a move back toward a more "open" view of the movement on the back like a 2801 model?

I like the look of the new movement, but find that the plate that covers half of the movement can be a little distracting. I'd like to have a more open view of the mechanics.

Is my best bet just looking for a used model online?

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,680 Posts
Plate ? A rotor is absolutely essential for any automatic movement. If youmdo not like a rotor go for hw movements like 2801, 2804, 7001, 6497, 6498. if it has to be a 40mm Flieger you have indeed to look for a used one. Noticed youmalready posted a WTB.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
While I have no idea for sure, if you emailed Stowa, they might be able to do a Flieger with a 2801 for an additional charge.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a good idea. From what I hear they have excellent customer service.

This is my first Stowa purchase and first real watch, so I want to make sure it's just right! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The more I look, the more I fall in love with the 2801 movement. I like the 6498 as well, but feel I need a second hand. If it had a central second hand, I'd order it in a New York minute. That movement is a stunner.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Stowa stopped making the Flieger 2801 quite some time ago. The only 2801 movements stowa have are earmarked for the Black Forest Flieger limited edition which sold out a long time ago.

The only way you'll get hold of a 2801 flieger is buying used, they come up fairly often on the sales centre, you just have to be quick, they sell quickly.

Certainly not selling mine, I love it. You're right to want a 2801 version, it makes all the difference in my opinion and the 2801 movement is as good looking movement as most out there.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
The more I look, the more I fall in love with the 2801 movement. I like the 6498 as well, but feel I need a second hand. If it had a central second hand, I'd order it in a New York minute. That movement is a stunner.

Another option is a Flieger (with central second's hands, of course) with a NOS movement.
They were made in different versions:

DUROWE 7425:

UNITAS 6300:

DUROWE 7420:

DUROWE 7420:

Mostly they came as a L.E., celebrating an anniversary of STOWA.

Because of their rarity they are a liitle more expensive than the regular ones,

Volker ;-)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
does stowa make hi end Eta movements? like 2824 , 2892. looking for a Bang for the buck watches with these movements.
yes, you can choose between basic, top, and top with blued screws on certain watches that house an eta movement. some don't offer a choice and come with whatever eta grade that's described under the technical info. of course that is just based on the site. you may be able to make a special request if the site doesn't give you an option you'd like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts