WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see that most all Stowas use ETA movements, is there a potential issue with long term future serviceability due to the restrictions ETA is placing on providing movements and parts outside of the Swatch group? At some point, will Stowa switch to using Sellita movements?

Also a related question, but I see for most of the watches which offer no date versions that it's usually still the same movements which have a date function that's just disabled. Outside of of the Unitas 6498 and Peseux 7001, are there Stowa watches with no date that actually use a no date movement rather than just disabling the date wheel on a movement that does have a date function? Is the FAQ still accurate that they're all powered by either an ETA 2824-2, 2804-2, Unitas 6498, or a Peseux 7001 (Outside of the Schauer Edition 10 date with the modified Valjoux 7753)?

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I have asked this question to Joerg, and his preference remains ETA movement. He has tested various movements including Sellita, but being a perfectionist, he did not get the same results as ETA. There are other factors like quality control, which are much stricter with ETA.

The FAQ still holds true. Schauer watches also use (not very often) Durowe 7426-4 movement without date.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts