WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am referring to the amount of money the man is worth (i believe 100 million pounds...2.2billion dollars US). With that much cash and the ability to collect and purchase high end cars....he must have the odd expensive watch too I would think.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I am referring to the amount of money the man is worth (i believe 100 million pounds...2.2billion dollars US). With that much cash and the ability to collect and purchase high end cars....he must have the odd expensive watch too I would think.
I would think so. When they get me his email address, I will ask him! :-!

(But unless you're "into" watches, like we are, a chunky "net worth" doesn't always equate to wearing an expensive watch. For instance, my old agency partner - although not quite up there with RA's net worth :-d - does have a mansion on the lake, buys his wife a new Mercedes for cash each Christmas, and has a standing annual donation of $150,000. to his old college (Queens!:-! ). What does he wear? A black, battered $48.00 Swatch.)

·
Registered
140 Posts
LOL! Man I can't believe I've spent an hour and a half scanning the net, trying to figure this out!! Not much help here, but thought I would at least post another screen capture:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Excellent! Certainly looks like a Casio Databank with the bracelet replaced by a leather strap. Good job! :-!

(and while you're on the phone -- why do my screen prints of video clips come out black? Scanning rate problem?)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Excellent! Certainly looks like a Casio Databank with the bracelet replaced by a leather strap. Good job! :-!

(and while you're on the phone -- why do my screen prints of video clips come out black? Scanning rate problem?)
If you are using the Windows print-screen feature (that button on the keyboard) - its notoriusly unreliable to grab screenshots of videos and DVDs. Use the application's own screencapture feature.

I use the VLC media player (google it) - its alt-ctrl-s.

As for Mr. Bean's watch, its a bit of interesting watch and movie trivia - and I'm staying MILES AWAY from that particular watch. I love Rowan Atkinson in Black Adder (especially as he gets smarter and wittier as the centuries go by) but I absolutely detest Mr. Bean.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
If you are using the Windows print-screen feature (that button on the keyboard) - its notoriusly unreliable to grab screenshots of videos and DVDs. Use the application's own screencapture feature.

I use the VLC media player (google it) - its alt-ctrl-s.

As for Mr. Bean's watch, its a bit of interesting watch and movie trivia - and I'm staying MILES AWAY from that particular watch. I love Rowan Atkinson in Black Adder (especially as he gets smarter and wittier as the centuries go by) but I absolutely detest Mr. Bean.
I have used Gadwin System's PrintScreen for a few years now with great success - except when trying to capture video! All I get is a black screen. I know it has to do with "scanning" but I can't figure out exactly how to correct it. :think:

I love the Mr. Bean character in small doses - some of the "bits" in his TV series were visually brilliant (as were some of the Benny Hill "bits"). But when Atkinson was persuaded to jump to the big screen, visual creativity was, IMHO, replaced with "production values". And just too much over-the-top mugging for my taste.

You have to admit: the man has one of the finest "5 o'clock" shadows in the history of mankind. His is more of a "24-hr o'clock shadow"! :-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Thanks, cyclefreaksix. So, since you "bet" me that it wasn't a Casio Databank, what exactly do I win. PoliceDog?

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
4,088 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'll settle for Rowan Atkinson's email address when you get it.

Regards,
Adam
Not a chance! :-d:-d:-d

(FWIW: my son and I have worked closely with lots of stars and celebrities over the years and our unwritten rule is - never post contact information, never email or post a photo of yourself with the celebrity. I have lots of photos of my son with the star and director of the last film he worked on and I even refused to email them to my sister! :) )

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Fine, a simple "thank you" will suffice (hold the Hollyweird floorflushing, though... :roll:).

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Fine, a simple "thank you" will suffice (hold the Hollyweird floorflushing, though... :roll:).

Regards,
Adam
I appreciate your generosity. So here goes:

"Thank you. Simply, thank you."

Now.......from a legal standpoint:

1. The offer to "bet" was never formally accepted.
2. No "wager" was proposed nor agreed upon.

:):):)

As for the rest of your comments...............well.:think: I was simply trying to explain why I would not do that so that no one would be offended that I didn't "share". You obviously were.

Please do me a favour and put me on your "Ignore" list. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Done. b-)

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
In case anyone is still interested (it's closure for me ;-) )

Here's the email I received from Atkinson's management this morning:

"Dear Holger

I’m sorry to disappoint but the watch you speak of is a moulded mock-up of a 1970’s style watch with a non-working digital display screen and a calculator keyboard beneath.

Kind regards

Rebecca"

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey thanks for the follow up! Wonder why they went to the trouble of mocking up a watch that so closely appears to be a Casio databank instead of just using the real thing??

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
In case anyone is still interested (it's closure for me ;-) )

Here's the email I received from Atkinson's management this morning:

"Dear Holger

I’m sorry to disappoint but the watch you speak of is a moulded mock-up of a 1970’s style watch with a non-working digital display screen and a calculator keyboard beneath.

Kind regards

Rebecca"
I stand corrected, in that case. However, it's clear that the model being emulated isn't a "1970's style watch", but a point-for-point copy of the venerable 1980's Casio DBC.

Either way, excellent follow-up PoliceDog, and my apologies for taking your Hollywood-insider speak the wrong way (my twin sister is a production VP at the largest studio in LaLa, so it was hard for me not to take your tone as anything other than condescending -- my bad).

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
"...I stand corrected, in that case...."
No need - everything considered, you were correct in the first place. :-!

I also don't understand why they needed to 'mock-up' that watch instead of just sending a stylist out to track one down and buy it? :-s

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
No need - everything considered, you were correct in the first place. :-!

I also don't understand why they needed to 'mock-up' that watch instead of just sending a stylist out to track one down and buy it? :-s
I couldn't agree more with you and cyclefreaksix on this point. However, being in the business as you are, when was the last time that you observed something being done the easy way? :think:

Regardless, it's the perfect watch for Mr. Bean, and the fact that the mock-up probably took three prop guys to fashion at cost several orders of magnitude over that of an original, working example makes it even more so. ;-)

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I couldn't agree more with you and cyclefreaksix on this point. However, being in the business as you are, when was the last time that you observed something being done the easy way? :think:

Regardless, it's the perfect watch for Mr. Bean, and the fact that the mock-up probably took three prop guys to fashion at cost several orders of magnitude over that of an original, working example makes it even more so. ;-)

Regards,
Adam
LOL! I was thinking of adding something like that but hesitated. :) Why spend hundreds when you can spend thousands!! :-d

And studio execs wonder why budgets are ballooning every year. It's not just the star's salaries - it goes all the way down the line to something like this.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts