WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Yep, it's real alright. Plenty of info around the Internet if you search. Terribly expensive, though... for what you get functionality wise. Aesthetically, I think it's a beauty.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, it's real alright. Plenty of info around the Internet if you search. Terribly expensive, though... for what you get functionality wise. Aesthetically, I think it's a beauty.
They exist and are awesome! |>
@xevious - yes, I did look around a bit once I got to know the model number, and O-M-G - that is a seriously awesome-looking Froggie - rather, this is actually what all Frogmans (or should it be Frogmen?) should have been! I can just imagine how awesome it would be with the GWF-1000 module. And expensive too - $600 in 2002 is a steep price, and I don't even see used examples floating around on the 'bay!

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
They exist and are awesome! |>

View attachment 6941553
Flipped 40+ Gs, kept this. :p
I can understand why. :)

Btw... are you an LED flashlight modder? Massive domed lens on that thrower there and pretty sizable vents on the one behind it. Candlepowerforums or Budgetlightforums? ;)

Reactions: NeedAG

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
@xevious - yes, I did look around a bit once I got to know the model number, and O-M-G - that is a seriously awesome-looking Froggie - rather, this is actually what all Frogmans (or should it be Frogmen?) should have been! I can just imagine how awesome it would be with the GWF-1000 module. And expensive too - $600 in 2002 is a steep price, and I don't even see used examples floating around on the 'bay!
I know... I kicked myself for missing the chance to get a moderately used one for about $300. But when thinking of what else you can buy with it... well, I couldn't do it. Honestly, I don't like all that labeling on the chrome bezel. Looks like an afterthought. I guess one could strip it off, if not thinking about resale.

Reactions: kmbijit

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I can understand why. :)

Btw... are you an LED flashlight modder? Massive domed lens on that thrower there and pretty sizable vents on the one behind it. Candlepowerforums or Budgetlightforums? ;)
Nice spot! |> A Cafe thread about what else watch guys collect led me to CPF.... and now I have a nearly-15-amp MagLite :-d

mrg-froggie-lambda.jpg

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
Casio, if you ever feel the need to re release any old models, like you did in the early 1990's,
please let it be these MR-G Frogman's.
Just stunning. :-!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts