WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I have just joined this forum in the hope that someone might be able to point me to someone/somwhere that I could buy this watch. new would be ideal, but lightly used is also possible.

I would be very grateful for your help...

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I was able to get a watch limited to 500 units from the kind gentleman at http://www.seiyajapan.com/. I'd start with contacting him and go from there.

Good luck, very nice watch. With zero on eBay yet it might be pretty hard to find. Seiya has an excellent reputation here (as with me) if can be gotten he'll be one of the best to help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you very much for your quick responses. I have contacted seiyajapan.com and keeping my fingers crossed.

I moved to switzerland some years ago working for a bank. I was adamant that I would never buy an expensive watch and soon enough I had spent 20k on something heavy, fragile and not very accurate. peer pressure and 20 watch shops on my walk to work. Within a month I sold it for 15k and bought a gw-300u in the airport and have never taken it off and vowed never to waste money on watches again. while I would clearly be wasting some cash I would at least be able to continue telling all my friends with expensive watches what time it actually is.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
thank you very much for your quick responses. I have contacted seiyajapan.com and keeping my fingers crossed.

I moved to switzerland some years ago working for a bank. I was adamant that I would never buy an expensive watch and soon enough I had spent 20k on something heavy, fragile and not very accurate. peer pressure and 20 watch shops on my walk to work. Within a month I sold it for 15k and bought a gw-300u in the airport and have never taken it off and vowed never to waste money on watches again. while I would clearly be wasting some cash I would at least be able to continue telling all my friends with expensive watches what time it actually is.
Oustanding story! Plain and simple, I love the rugged durability and precise accuracy of atomic/solar G-Shocks. |>

·
Registered
594 Posts
you can try to get the MRG-8000RG-1A1JF instead if the plain 8000G model is not available, looks quite similar, lots of gold, too ;-)

Sibe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
8000rg.. i found a couple of pictures of this... is it the same as 8000g, but in red gold, hence rg? if so... thats the one i will be needing.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I don't know for sure but it makes sense that RG means Red Gold because the red hands are specified within 1A1JF as far as I know (the complete numbering for the G model is MRG-8000G-1AJF)

Sibe

edit:

The RG one will be even harder to get, I am afraid, it is not listed here at G-Shock Perfect Search:

http://product-search.casio.jp/wat/g-shock/history_result.php?page=70&sort=1&view=1&f_y=&f_m=&t_y=&t_m=&pr1=&pr2=&type=&wa=&so=&mo=&md=&func_s=&sbrand=a%3A1%3A{i%3A1%3Bs%3A1%3A%221%22%3B}&theme1=a%3A0%3A{}&theme2=a%3A0%3A{}&func=a%3A0%3A{}&case=a%3A0%3A{}

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I don't know for sure but it makes sense that RG means Red Gold because the red hands are specified within 1A1JF as far as I know
This is Casio we're talking about. They have a unique way with language.. ;-)

Believe it or not, MRG stands for Majestic Reality G. :)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
This is Casio we're talking about. They have a unique way with language.... ;-)

LMAO. I didn't know that. I lived in Japan for a few months. Putting this sort of "kooky" English on stuff is extremely popular in Japan. The phrases range from bizarre to just plain gibberish. Some of the stuff is absolutely hilarious. Everywhere you look in Japan, you see phrases that resemble the lyrics from the "Speaking In Tongues" album by the Talking Heads. "Japlish" is a source of endless laughs while in Japan. Every time I thought I had seen the absolute craziest phrase possible, I would soon stumble upon an even crazier phrase somewhere else.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
This is Casio we're talking about. They have a unique way with language.. ;-)

No, It was the RG in 8000RG what I meant (all are Majestic Reality G-Shocks, I agree and all models are for the Japanese market):

MRG-8000B-1AJF is named the "normal" MRG (B maybe just for Black?)

MRG-8000G-1AJF is named the limited MRG with gold ring

MRG-8000RG-1A1JF is named the mysterious MRG with gold ring, red hands and maybe red gold instead of "normal" gold

However, I don't know of course, it could be different ;-)

Sibe

·
Registered
7,032 Posts

That is such a true statment telling your friends what time it actually is. there are other forum here that have very very expensive watches that for some reason people think are better quality :roll: :roll: I think they are fasion statments and thats fine :roll: :roll:but a guy I know has a rolex that losses at least 5 min a month. people think thats a great watch :-x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you all very much for your help and comments. If my search ever comes to anything I will be sure to report back with some pics etc.

very nice to have found a group of people who share a passion for accurate time. My favourite thing is at swiss train stations where my watch, the clock on the platform and the train all move in unison. I also walked past a news studio on 5th avenue close to central park somewhere and there were at least 10 red digital clocks scatered around all showing the same time... then looking down and realising that it was of course the same time I had.

I love knowing that the world works to this time...

·
SEIKO & CITIZEN Moderator
2,527 Posts
hello, I have just joined this forum in the hope that someone might be able to point me to someone/somwhere that I could buy this watch. new would be ideal, but lightly used is also possible.

I would be very grateful for your help...
Thinking if this MRG would be a nice combo with my DB frog.

Andrew

1 - 19 of 19 Posts