WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note that unlike most outages, this one is happening overnight. So you should expect UK watches to fail the sync during this period, unless they sync to the German signal.

Notice of Interruption to MSF 60 kHz Time and Frequency Signal
The MSF 60 kHz time and frequency signal broadcast from Anthorn Radio Station will be shut down over the period:
From 08:00 BST, Tuesday 22 July 2008
until 08:00 BST, Thursday 24 July 2008
The service is expected to remain off-air continuously during the work, but normal operation may be restored before the end of the period.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Oh good grief ! ..... With my obsessive compulsive disorder with respect to accuracy I'm knackered now :-s ...... No, hang on, surely we'll be able to sync with the German signal? ... at least it will be worth a try. :think:

·
Registered
147 Posts
No, hang on, surely we'll be able to sync with the German signal? ... at least it will be worth a try. :think:
Should be no problem....I have a non G wave ceptor beater(WVA 107),it allows you to manually select the TX you receive.
Mine syncs with DCF no problem during darkness.Manual sync during the day is a bit more difficult,have to move it around to get the best sig. but does work.
I also have a barometer/weather station which only receives DCF,again works fine on auto during darkness and also reasonably regularly during the day,it syncs every hour.
I'm in the middle of Ireland

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Did you all sync with Germany overnight ?

All my watches did but my Casio alarm clock didn't
I'm assuming mine did but with the M5600 you can't tell, other than it synced at 4:04 a.m. instead of it's normal 2:04 p.m. which I presume means it gave up trying to sync in the U.K. and then tried elsewhere. However it succeeded, so that's OK. :-!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Did you all sync with Germany overnight ?

All my watches did but my Casio alarm clock didn't
Yes, I noticed my GW-9100 sync'd with with the German transmitter over the past 2 nights. I assume the GW-M5600 and GW-002 did also, as they're both sync'd. Good stuff. :-!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Yes, I noticed my GW-9100 sync'd with with the German transmitter over the past 2 nights. I assume the GW-M5600 and GW-002 did also, as they're both sync'd. Good stuff. :-!
Hi Lexx,

That must be cool to see your watch sync with the German transmitter. I always like it when my Gulfman choosed the Anthorn transmitter (which it chooses very rarely).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
385 Posts
Oh Dear

The one time I order a new atomic an the transmitter is offline> That is so my luck:-d

My last atomic synced fine with Germany in the UK by the way.

I take back my recent ramblings about wanting to set the timemyself...... felt its about time I got with the new technology and embraced it.

Just a few years ago I swore by mechanical watches, I'm so fickle.

I'll be constructing a sun dial next as a knee jerk reaction!

Regards

Matt

1 - 20 of 23 Posts