WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you know about mount everest watch? i saw these watch at chinabest2006 (ebay) they are very cheap but looking great, are them rubbish or good working watch (looks like the cheap versions of seagull:think:)?
Thanks for any information:thanks

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,324 Posts
What do you know about mount everest watch? i saw these watch at chinabest2006 (ebay) they are very cheap but looking great, are them rubbish or good working watch (looks like the cheap versions of seagull:think:)?
Thanks for any information:thanks
From what I could make out from the photos, there's not many Sea-Gull movements in the range. I'd say they're more like a cut-price Minorva.

They have open-hearts from 2 different sources, but neither look like the Sea-Gull ST25. There's 3 flavours of Unitas-copy, but again although Sea-gull's new 'big' calibre is based on the Unitas, this ain't it. MTE's basic skeleton uses Hangzhou's Seiko-like. There's a couple of Shanghai calibres I recognized.

The chrono skeleton is a genuine Sea-Gull ST19.

At those prices, there's not a lot to lose, I guess. Although you might want to consider how much you'd actually wear an MTE. Some of the multi-calendar dial layouts would drive you cross-eyed!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I could make out from the photos, there's not many Sea-Gull movements in the range. I'd say they're more like a cut-price Minorva.
And minorva is better or worst than seagull?

They have open-hearts from 2 different sources, but neither look like the Sea-Gull ST25. There's 3 flavours of Unitas-copy, but again although Sea-gull's new 'big' calibre is based on the Unitas, this ain't it. MTE's basic skeleton uses Hangzhou's Seiko-like. There's a couple of Shanghai calibres I recognized.

The chrono skeleton is a genuine Sea-Gull ST19.

At those prices, there's not a lot to lose, I guess. Although you might want to consider how much you'd actually wear an MTE. Some of the multi-calendar dial layouts would drive you cross-eyed!
:thanks:

Should I try to buy one?
http://cgi.ebay.it/M-T-E-tourbillon-POWER-RESERVE-Automatic-Mans-Watch_W0QQitemZ170169503710QQihZ007QQcategoryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMHO they are rebadged Sea-Gull. If you buy in bulk you can put whatever you like on the dial.
do you know or do you think that they are rebadged seagull?

No one own a mount everest? (because i think that waste also only 30€ is not a good deal)

·
Registered
402 Posts
He or she gives 2 year warranty on MTE! Same as the Seagull he sells. I bought two seagulls from this seller, one is M163S and another is ST8004SA, I think for 45 dollars you worth a try!:p

Let us know your review of MTE watch...

·
Registered
402 Posts
The M163 is fantastic:p
which is the quality?
The M163S is only 6% of the price of ST8004SA, but the accuracy is +2 seconds per WEEK on my wrist. The ST8004SA is +5 seconds per day. My M163S has very good quality. I found a dust in ST8004SA but nothing inside of M163S. :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The M163S is only 6% of the price of ST8004SA, but the accuracy is +2 seconds per WEEK on my wrist. The ST8004SA is +5 seconds per day. My M163S has very good quality. I found a dust in ST8004SA but nothing inside of M163S. :)
Thnk you, now it's on my wishlist:-!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had ordered one of this watch. Still waiting for the delivery. Hope it turn out OK. ;-)

I am new to watches. I just started to show interest in watches after I had seen the JLC's GyroTourbillon. This MTE is my very first mechanical watch. I may go for the other similar design from Alpha.

Have a nice day. :thanks

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
I had ordered one of this watch. Still waiting for the delivery. Hope it turn out OK. ;-)

I am new to watches. I just started to show interest in watches after I had seen the JLC's GyroTourbillon. This MTE is my very first mechanical watch. I may go for the other similar design from Alpha.

Have a nice day. :thanks
Welcome to the forum. Please let us know what you think when you get the watch. :-!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had ordered it about one week ago. Not yet receive the watch. Thus, this is not my first mechanical watch anymore. My first mechanical watch became a IK colouring watch as I had mentioned in the other thread.

Hope it come in as expected...:think:

When did you ordered? Did you receive your watch yet?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had just received the "M.T.E" watch. The brand is different but the design is the same and the quality is pretty good for that price. It does not come in any box. It could be hand wound.

Using a 15x loupe, I could see there is a "hair" like particle stuck to the second hand and rotates with it. Also noticed 2 very small scratches on the crystal surface. Not obvious under the naked eyes. All in all, still happy with this watch. ;-)

I had ordered it about one week ago. Not yet receive the watch. Thus, this is not my first mechanical watch anymore. My first mechanical watch became a IK colouring watch as I had mentioned in the other thread.

Hope it come in as expected...:think:

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts
I was looking at this one. Chascomm, any comments about the movement? Apparently, the glass is Sapphire, but I find it somewhat hard to believe, especially for its price. AnA, is your M.T.E. watch advertised as having Sapphire or Mineral glass?

Photos 'stolen' from Chinabest2006.
I like that one as well! :-!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mine is mineral glass as advertised. But, I am not sure how to verify if it is Sapphire or Mineral. However, it already had 2 small scratches so I presumed it has mineral glass. :think:

I was looking at this one. Chascomm, any comments about the movement? Apparently, the glass is Sapphire, but I find it somewhat hard to believe, especially for its price. AnA, is your M.T.E. watch advertised as having Sapphire or Mineral glass?

Photos 'stolen' from Chinabest2006.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts