WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, here is the link to the Youtube review, I hope you all enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpXxJtb8p34

While I was at it, I took out the other watches and put together some comparison shots, and some shots from different angles.

MTG and Frog

MTG and Frog side by side

MTG and Giez

MTG and Giez side by side

MTG and PAW-1300G

MTG and PAW1300g side by side

MTG and 5600

MTG and 5600 side by side

Different angles.....

Thanks for looking, hope this helps anyone looking for comparisons.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yet another great review. I love the way the second hand goes backwards in the countdown mode :-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
is it me or the GIEZ has a bigger display? nicely done, Dougie !!!
great review and did u do the review at work. its not even the weekend yet.

ure moving up of the food chain. why not the MRG for ur next pruchase?

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
great review and did u do the review at work. its not even the weekend yet.

ure moving up of the food chain. why not the MRG for ur next pruchase?
another outstanding job dougie |> |> i dont think they are going to sell as many mr g as they did before. now if only you could translate for all the members here. :-d

·
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yet another great review. I love the way the second hand goes backwards in the countdown mode :-!:-!:-!
Thanks Aus, that was one of the HUGE selling points for me

great review and did u do the review at work. its not even the weekend yet. ure moving up of the food chain. why not the MRG for ur next pruchase?
They appear to be the same size, I think with the black resin bezel around the circumference, is reflects on the display making it appear smaller on the MTG :think:

Got off a little early today, put in ALOT of hours this week, figured I have a lot to do this weekend...lemme get this sucker done :-! MRG=too expensive for me

another outstanding job dougie |> |> i dont think they are going to sell as many mr g as they did before. now if only you could translate for all the members here. :-d
Whats the universal language for "turn the volume all the way down, watch, and enjoy"? :-d

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Finally I had the chance to see the countdown timer in action. :)

As always: great and informative review.

Congrats again. Doug. |>

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Your comparison photos deserve a special mention. This is the kind of material I think is most useful for someone looking to "grasp" an MTG.

Thanks for taking the time and thanks for sharing them, Doug. :-!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Your comparison photos deserve a special mention. This is the kind of material I think it's most useful for someone looking to "grasp" an MTG.

Thanks for taking the time and thanks for sharing them, Doug. :-!
Doug, excellent job with the review and comparison pics :-! I also find that the MTG-1000G is probably my best performer as far as atomic sync. It will sync in places of the house many of my other watches fail, it has never once failed to sync for me.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Great review my Friend!:-!.....Your getting to be the
King of the G-Shock Youtube reviewers!!
Regards Sonny

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
This looks like a great analog with excellent features, but I wonder how well the resin bits on the band and case are going to hold up over time. :think:

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
This pushed me over the edge... should be here in a week or so...

Nice work doug! Nice work indeed... :-!

·
Registered
803 Posts

Yeah, me too...:-!

Oh wait, I already have been pushed over the edged some weeks ago. But if I hadn't been, this would've done it. :-d

Good work, Doug.

·
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys :-! I really do enjoy doing these reviews. I'm out of G's to review for awhile :-(

May have to do my Citizen Calibre next :)

If anyone from Casio is listening....I will work for G-shocks :-d

·
Registered
16 Posts
I found that the MTG-1000 has a better(or newer) movement than other multi-band 5 watches, like the MRG-7500.
First, the MTG-1000 has the count timer, but the MRG7500 doesn't.
Second, the hour hand of MTG-1000 can go counterclockwise. So when you use the world time or other function, the hour hand and the minute hand can back to the correct time faster.
I am so curious that why the MRG8000 didn't use the same movement like the MTG1000?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I am so curious that why the MRG8000 didn't use the same movement like the MTG1000?
Because they are not charging enough money for the MRG8000, and are probably going to use this movement in the new and even more expensive model probably to be named the MRG8500 ;-)

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Thanks for the kind words guys :-! I really do enjoy doing these reviews. I'm out of G's to review for awhile :-(

May have to do my Citizen Calibre next :)

If anyone from Casio is listening....I will work for G-shocks :-d
count me in. i have lots of ideas designing a new bezel for the mudman series. :-!

·
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Which version did you get?

Yeah, me too...:-!

Oh wait, I already have been pushed over the edged some weeks ago. But if I hadn't been, this would've done it. :-d
Good work, Doug.
Did you purchase it yet?

Wow, Duke and CiteniK, 2 soon to be owners of the MTG1000. Did you read that, Doug? :)
:-d I warned Duke before I posted it

So I'm going to throw this out there, first of all, as always thanks for the kind words everybody....

Do you guys have any suggestions on the reviews? Is there anything I may not be showing that you'd like me to show? With the exception of the PAW review in which I didn't do the wrist shot, is there anything I've been missing?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts