WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter #1
Can you read the small hands on the high end G-Shocks? Especially the day of the week hand?
or is it only readable for the user up to 40 with good eyes?

Thank you and have a blessed day 馃檪

Premium Member
Can you read the small hands on the high end G-Shocks? Especially the day of the week hand?

Thank you and have a blessed day 锟斤拷

I'm from the "50+" generation. :-d

I can read it all. All the subdial hands and markings. (on both MTG-B1000 and MRG-G1000)

With all due respect, people can have good eyes probably up till 70 or 75 at least... ;-) (varying from person to person, of course)

Registered
Mid 50's and yeah, I struggle without reader glasses with small digital and analog readouts. Distance vision improved actually at close up expense, weird. Gotten really bad in the last year or so. Looking into comfy bifocals because struggling to see close up is a real PITA

Registered

Thank you and have a blessed day ��
Turning 46 soon with less than stellar eyes.

I find the MTG day of the week difficult to see easily.

7.jpg

The MRG is better, but still not a quick glance for me.

8.jpg

My Seiko with similar semi-circle day layout, but larger font is by far easiest to quickly read.

9.jpg

Have a great day.

Banned
Discussion Starter #12
I want to thank you all, for your polite, friendly and helpful answers!

It seems as I thought: it really depends on the eyesight. Mine not being bad is far from good. So it is not the watch for me.

This is a great forum, with great members! 馃槉馃憤

Registered
Mid-40s and yeah, I have trouble seeing my own hands in front of my face. :-d I wear my MR-G more because it's a piece of wrist art than anything else, though it's not any more difficult to read than any other analog watch.

IMAG2723.jpg

If I practically need to be able to keep track of the time, I'll go for a digital Pro Trek or one of the newer BT squares, which have very crisp displays.

View attachment 13971111

IMAG2698.jpg

Registered
I am not 50+ and don't have MRG....
Wait wait ..
It's hard but not impossible. Will take bit more time and likely you won't answer on the run what day of the week it is ...
Dials are busy but very well designed.
I have the Ediface pictured here. I have 50 year old eyes and while I have no trouble reading the time, everything else is a challenge. I rarely wear it for this reason. A wonderful girl gave it to me so I do wear it on occasion. I like it, its a great watch I just need better eyes.

Registered
After a couple years being frustrated I picked out some nice glasses and wear them all the time. I can wear squares again, and read all the info on my rangeman. It's great! Previously I often just went with the gulfmaster because of the big analog dial. Enjoying all my watches more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
Almost at double nickels and at times small fonts take a moment longer to read. But I use watch for time and date. Relatively basic stuff. I do spend most of my day in front of the computer and reading papers, I think it's time to get those new fangled blue screen glasses that help with PC glare.

Yes bi-focal too.

But I still have all my, hair... LOL

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

Registered
It will be personal, depending on light , model of the watch etc.
There is no one size fit them all on these models. I wish Casio would of made date window but it would of complicated watch more.
Main problem of these models is lack of "real estate development potential" on a dial.
Day of the week subdial serve two additional purposes and served by separate motor. Window or any other kind of day of the week indication will require either classic connected cogwheel mechanism (not going to happen) or additional motor...
I find in Oceanus and Edifice models execution is legible yet not easy to read. You do need to take pause.
But that's it.
It is what it is and it's intrinsic quirk of these watches. For me it's part of the show i like to watch each time i change modes.

Registered
I'm 54.
After 50 years of excellent near and distance vision I now require reading glasses to read just about anything close up. At work I wear bifocal safety glasses so I'm ok with all my watches but otherwise I tend to wear analogs to avoid the frustration of not being able to read some of my digitals.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts