WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
All Square all the time. (Almost)
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For people that own one or both. I like the overall of the b1000bd but the monocoque and improvements of the b2000. Anything I should know before making a purchase? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,449 Posts
I prefer the dial layout of the b1000, but definitely prefer the b2000. Have you tried either on yet? The b2000 definitely takes up a bit more real estate, but it sits on the wrist a lot more comfortably. I find the b1000 to be a little unevenly proportioned and a bit top heavy compared to the more svelte b2000. One thing about the bracelet on the b2000 that I am still not sure how I feel about is that they hollowed out and resin injected them even more so than the previous model, which yes, does make it lighter, but at the same time feels completely unnecessary to me. But either way, the bracelet has a more premium fit, feel and finish to it. Everything about it feels more premium and a step up to me. I really like that the minute hand on the new model also moves in 12 steps. Not a huge deal to most, but I do enjoy it. Last thing I will say is that both meed to be juiced somewhat regularly (well, relatively speaking compared to my digitals). After just a couple months they'll dip down to medium or so, I presume because of those big, heavy hands and that overall analogues have more moving parts and just require more energy in general.
If I had to choose one over the other, without even blinking I'd keep my b2000.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The B2000 has an updated movement and is more legible. Also you may or may not like the steel/resin sandwich of the B1000 case.

Overall you can't go wrong with either watch: follow your heart.

·
Premium Member
8,449 Posts
Wow, pretty good deal on WUS sales forum...

·
Registered
All Square all the time. (Almost)
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I prefer the dial layout of the b1000, but definitely prefer the b2000. Have you tried either on yet? The b2000 definitely takes up a bit more real estate, but it sits on the wrist a lot more comfortably. I find the b1000 to be a little unevenly proportioned and a bit top heavy compared to the more svelte b2000. One thing about the bracelet on the b2000 that I am still not sure how I feel about is that they hollowed out and resin injected them even more so than the previous model, which yes, does make it lighter, but at the same time feels completely unnecessary to me. But either way, the bracelet has a more premium fit, feel and finish to it. Everything about it feels more premium and a step up to me. I really like that the minute hand on the new model also moves in 12 steps. Not a huge deal to most, but I do enjoy it. Last thing I will say is that both meed to be juiced somewhat regularly (well, relatively speaking compared to my digitals). After just a couple months they'll dip down to medium or so, I presume because of those big, heavy hands and that overall analogues have more moving parts and just require more energy in general.
If I had to choose one over the other, without even blinking I'd keep my b2000.
thank you for the great info. I hear it all. I guess what I’m dealing with is that I’ve liked the b1000 for awhile and I like the look of the bracelet. I like the dial, etc. also.
the b2000 is cool looking too and more legible but the bracelet worries me a bit. I don’t need weight for it to seem quality tho so maybe I’ll be happy. The case of the b2000 looks MRG esque also which is a plus.

The B2000 has an updated movement and is more legible. Also you may or may not like the steel/resin sandwich of the B1000 case.

Overall you can't go wrong with either watch: follow your heart.
good point. I always liked the sandwich compared to its predecessor but the carbon case looks cool and I bet it’s smoother feeling on the top of the wrist.
Overall I will probably go b2000 but don’t really like the red bezel model. Maybe a carbon fiber bezel model but why always the typical weave pattern. I have a “filament “ wedding band and it is great looking and unique.
Hand Arm Tableware Leg Stemware

·
Registered
58 Posts
Get the B2000.

MTG B1000-1A (Resin strap)
-Better lume (much more thicker application, illuminates with the slightest direct sunlight exposure.
-Performance of the solar charging is excellent, charges fast
-Wears slimmer at 14.1mm
-Motor speed is definitely fast, if not equal to the MTG B2000
-Excellent build quality, all hands hit the indicators, nice button feel
-The Sallazar polishing technique REALLY brings out the shine of steel, shines like diamonds and luxury looking for office wear.

The BADS
-Legibility, readibility are major problem, especially the "day of the week"
-The curved sapphire seems very, very reflective, but it seems improves with time
-Feels top heavy (coming from G-Steel GST B100-1A)
-The resin strap is very stiff, resulting in the steel buckle unable to properly secure the end of the strap. I think Casio need the stiff resin to hold the top heavy watch.
-The strap CANNOT be lay flat
-The design of the watch results in the rotating steels making noises if the hands moves (sometimes)
-Uses OLDER MODULE in which the Bluetooth ONLY CONNECTS to the phone 4 times per day. If you are not near your phone or switched off, than auto time update will not work, and you will have to wait for another pre-set time (1230am, 630am, 1230pm, 630pm) unless you perform the update MANUALLY.

MTG B2000 Steel/Resin Strap
-Almost perfect, at-a-glance readibility, especially "day of the week"
-New module, "always-on bluetooth" almost wear-and-forget auto time update, especially when travelling overseas, WITHOUT the need to perform manual update or waiting for preset time of the day. However it seems you need to wear the watch for the function to work (always on or auto connect to bluetooth)- If left on the table stationery, will disconnect in 1-hour)
-The hybrid resin/steel strap feels and wears perfectly (which i cannot say of most Edifice models)
-The silhoutte feels complete with 4 buttons vs 3 of the MTG B1000
-The burgundy model really exclusive model

The BADS
-Wears thicker (15.9mm vs 14.1mm)
-The lume underperforms and quite dissapointing when compared to the older B1000
-Priced too expensive, compared to the MTG B1000

My advice is to get the MTG B2000, you wont regret.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts