WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Would mtg-s1000 would have similar functionality you think? None of the buttons fire up the backlight for me.
Did I get a watch w/o a backlight?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Would mtg-s1000 would have similar functionality you think? None of the buttons fire up the backlight for me.
Did I get a watch w/o a backlight?
None of Casio's MTG-S1000 web pages (links below) mention anything about a backlight, only "Neobrite," their analog lume: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/lume-new-casio-analogs-730981.html

[ MTG-S1000V-1A - Watches - CASIO MTG-S1000D-1A - Watches - CASIO MTG-S1000BD-1A - Watches - CASIO ]

If the manual says anything about a backlight, I didn't see it and couldn't find it with my browser's "find" feature under "light" or "illum" so it's definitely looking like you purchased a watch without a backlight. :-(

·
Registered
42 Posts
None of Casio's MTG-S1000 web pages (links below) mention anything about a backlight, only "Neobrite," their analog lume: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/lume-new-casio-analogs-730981.html

[ MTG-S1000V-1A - Watches - CASIO MTG-S1000D-1A - Watches - CASIO MTG-S1000BD-1A - Watches - CASIO ]

If the manual says anything about a backlight, I didn't see it and couldn't find it with my browser's "find" feature under "light" or "illum" so it's definitely looking like you purchased a watch without a backlight. :-(

Many thanks for the info Mike.
I was literally fooled by this image on the page;

tough_solar.gif

What a disappointment...

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I was literally fooled by this image on the page;

View attachment 7738450

What a disappointment...
Well, in Casio's (sort of) defense, it DOES work the way the diagram shows on MOST of their solar models.... :-(

I'm guessing it was just human error when they included it on the webpage(s) for this model, though, and it would be nice if someone could let them know so they can remove it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts