WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Have mixed feeling about this, I don't like the octagonal bezel, it's overdone by now, and the color feels out of place and cheap to me.
Well I hope the MTG-B1000 second-hand price can plummet now.
over done how? the ga2100 is the only one that distinctively has it, bar a few edifices they havent really done much at all. tho judging from the popularity its obviously going to be something theyll try, considering they have actually done the manhole cover, plain circle thing to death with the previous mtg's, g steels and other models

Premium Member
saw this on the G-Shock catalog while I was on Chino's site contemplating a Fire Package GW2310. Good score. Can't wait to hear about it once it lands.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Can someone explain to me why Casio does these metal/resin bracelets on the MTGs? What are the advantages of having the resin on the inside of the bracelet? Just seems to me like it makes it more expensive and less durable. Resin doesn't last forever, metal does.
weight, comfort, shock resistance, unique styling, cos they can. personally i think doing anything to stand out from the sea of folded/pressed links is a good thing. not the first time theyved used resin composite bracelets on higher end models either, inc mtg's.

metal doesnt last forever, it disintegrates like everything else. theyve been using hardened resin for 35+ years in Gs so im guessing theyre just going with what they know and what works.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Couple of deal-breakers for me:
1. No world time city bezel to set time
2. No battery level indicator

Having said that, it's highly possible that i'll be poisoned into buying one in the (perhaps) distant future. :p
i think theyve done away with both to try and clean up the dial for a "dressier" look. probably also expecting ppl to do both of those via the app

Registered

Registered
The black ip and electric burgundy bezel looks a lot better in the pics. I still don't like the sub dial layout and prefer the hands on the previous gen, but still intrigued! Thanks for the pics

Reactions: kubr1ck

Registered
I like the looks and very much appreciate the traditional, rotating crown (apparently there is still enough love for Casio to support it).

I'm not sure why the push for carbon as case material though. Previous generation could do well without it, so I don't quite understand the need for it now. Of course that is just me speaking, with me preference of a metal case back against my arm/skin. Also a removable case back would make battery service a DIY job vs. the complications of having to remove the module for the same.

In my mind, the MTG was an affordable version of the all metal MRG, so that image is in question now, at least for me.

From the video it appears that this one has the new (mysteriously never yet mentioned) 720 movement (720 steps per full hand revolution), just like the new Oceanus and AnaFrog.

Registered
First of all, thank you for sharing! Both the original news and the real world pics from Mynavi.

I like it, but not sure if I'm ever getting one. The blue appears to be the most coherent, the burgundy bezel looks like an aftermarket part and the black is dim enough to lose its distinctive shape. Plus the blue is the one with resin strap.

I'm sure there will be other colourways, hoping for more bare steel and less IP coating.

Size and weight reduction is awesome. However, the extra 1.5mm thickness is a huge step backwards in wear comfort.

The face is now quite clean for any occasion. Another step in the direction of a truly GADA analogue G-Shock. Well done.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Registered
I'm glad that they placed the MT-G logo back on the top of the dial as in the S1000 and G1000. Makes the dial much more balanced. That was my one nitpick about the B1000.

Reactions: Irf

Registered
I am just can't buy these. Casio need to remake their past achievements to make them really small aka normal sized.
Looks nice in blue and black.
Casio designer commuting to work with his full sized watch which he uses as inspiration and to convince upper management they made technological breakthrough.

I mean seriously? Older analog Gs been way smaller, in metal and full G.

Premium Member
Kinda like these...have a very 鈥淢R-G鈥 whiff to them.....handset is a big winner for me, hands on MT-G Tai Chi are driving me to consider flipping it!

Reactions: kubr1ck and WES51

Registered
Kinda like these...have a very 鈥淢R-G鈥 whiff to them.....handset is a big winner for me, hands on MT-G Tai Chi are driving me to consider flipping it!
Yeah I agree. They definitely give off an MR-G vibe on first glance, which is a good thing.

Registered
I always liked how on the previous model when you shuffled between mode and back to the time function it鈥檇 tell you the charge level. Not a deal breaker, but I thought that was something they integrated nicely without taking up more real estate.

Reactions: Ralphee

Premium Member

Registered
Really like these!

The Rangeman GW-9400 is at my upper limit size wise so these are workable for me being slightly smaller in all measurements.

Love the burgundy bezel model.

I鈥檓 awaiting the pricing with interest. Anyone have any ideas what they will retail at?

Thanks for posting @Tetsu Tekubi for posting and @kubr1ck for the extra pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Really like these!

The Rangeman GW-9400 is at my upper limit size wise so these are workable for me being slightly smaller in all measurements.

Love the burgundy bezel model.

I鈥檓 awaiting the pricing with interest. Anyone have any ideas what they will retail at?

Thanks for posting @Tetsu Tekubi for posting and @kubr1ck for the extra pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to g-central.com:

In Japan, the release date is November 13, 2020, and the model names and pre-tax prices are MTG-B2000B-1A2JF (Blue) (list price 110,000 JPY), MTG-B2000BD-1A4JF (Red) (125,000 JPY), and MTG-B2000D-1AJF (Silver & Black) (115,000 JPY).

(Note that the Blue one is cheapest because it comes on a resin strap, but all of these have quick-change straps/bracelets.)

Reactions: Scott.
21 - 40 of 66 Posts