WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I’m reading g central

So it is 1.5 mm thicker than B1000. If that is true that is a no go for me. My MTG B1000 is the thickest metal watch I own right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's possible that much of the added thickness of the MTG-B2000 is due to the domed crystal. I believe the MTG-B1000 has a flat crystal. Since the edge of the bezel angles down on the MTG-B2000, the thickness there may actually be less than that of the MTG-B1000, which appears to have a flat bezel.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I’m definitely a fan of this new MRG looking MTG. I have the S1000, B1000TF and the B1000TJ so this will be a welcome addition to the cabinet. The SS with black bezel would be too close to my MRG-G1000D so I will be going for the red bezel piece.
I really love everything about this model and the SS/Composite resin bracelet makes for a really comfortable feeling on the wrist.
Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's possible that much of the added thickness of the MTG-B2000 is due to the domed crystal. I believe the MTG-B1000 has a flat crystal. Since the edge of the bezel angles down on the MTG-B2000, the thickness there may actually be less than that of the MTG-B1000, which appears to have a flat bezel.
MTG-B1000 has a curved sapphire as well. MRG-B1000 has the flat one.

I think the thickness it because of the carbon monocoque case; it looks like all watches that have it now: the gravitymaster, the froggo and now this one are at about 16mm thick.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Big improvement design wise IMO. I wish they'd make one w/ silver bezel and black strap. Or better yet make the bezel raw titanium.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm a big fan. As others have said - definitely feeling some MRG design elements whilst reminiscent of the MTG line. And at a much more accessible price point than MRGs.

I'd seriously consider the burgundy bezel.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
These look nice, especially the blue but the price is too high. Is this like a "cheap version" of Mr G?

What is triple G resist?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Big improvement design wise IMO. I wish they'd make one w/ silver bezel and black strap. Or better yet make the bezel raw titanium.
I doubt the MT-G would feature titanium bezel, that is MR-G territory for triple the price. Still, it would be awesome.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
Can someone explain to me why Casio does these metal/resin bracelets on the MTGs? What are the advantages of having the resin on the inside of the bracelet? Just seems to me like it makes it more expensive and less durable. Resin doesn't last forever, metal does.
mom guessing an attempt atcomfort considering temperatures.

·
Registered
334 Posts
imo

Pros:
monocoque inner casing for light durability

Domed crystal(is it not sapphire?) if so then con

Dropping in price of b1000

Cons:
Back to the subpar bracelet quality of the lesser GST
Date/mode window
I prefer the style and design of the B1000 from the side of the case. The two “standoff pilar” style implements near the lugs.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I’m reading g central

So it is 1.5 mm thicker than B1000. If that is true that is a no go for me. My MTG B1000 is the thickest metal watch I own right now.

definately limits your choices when you are talking about Gs. I prefer a watch that isn’t big “for no reason” when speaking of Gs. If it’s going to be a “Big G” it has to have the functionality to warrant it. When you can find durability in the smallest G, a watch being “more durable” doesn’t do anything for me. The biggest I’d go with just date/time, stopwatch etc. is themtg-b1000 as they are deceptively smaller and wear very well onmost wrists. The FM squares kind of ruined me. Lol.

·
Registered
102 Posts
All I can say is that my B1000 is here to stay. It has prevented me from buying any MRGs because it almost ticks all the functionality boxes that you could ever want. I think the B1000 has been the best variation they have released in the years that I've tracked MTG releases.

Reactions: Dingobattler

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
imo

Pros:
monocoque inner casing for light durability

Domed crystal(is it not sapphire?) if so then con

Dropping in price of b1000

Cons:
Back to the subpar bracelet quality of the lesser GST
Date/mode window
I prefer the style and design of the B1000 from the side of the case. The two “standoff pilar” style implements near the lugs.
Pricing is about the same as the B1000, roughly $1,000 for the bracelet version, $900 for the strap.

And yes it is sapphire crystal with inner AR coating. Not domed though I believe.

MT-G bracelets have always been superior to GSTs in my experience. Is it that you don't like the resin layering?

·
Premium Member
8,463 Posts
They look very nice. Something about the smoothness of the dial reminds me of the G2000 MR-Gs. I like the red bezel (though it looks purple) on the black IP version, but I'd rather see that color of bezel on the SS version.

Not sure offhand if these will be an improvement over the B1000s or not. Who knows, I might find out for myself one day. On the other hand, I'm in no hurry, esp. since I already have an MR-G.

Reactions: Tetsu Tekubi

·
Registered
976 Posts
They look very nice. Something about the smoothness of the dial reminds me of the G2000 MR-Gs. I like the red bezel (though it looks purple) on the black IP version, but I'd rather see that color of bezel on the SS version.

Not sure offhand if these will be an improvement over the B1000s or not. Who knows, I might find out for myself one day. On the other hand, I'm in no hurry, esp. since I already have an MR-G.
It looks super purple in every pic and video I’ve seen and doesn’t match, or compliment, the red accents on the dial.

All that said, they’re growing on me. I like the plain one. I still wish it just had a metal-only bracelet though.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts