WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Random Rob's full review.

Thanks for posting the video. The quick release seems quite efficient and it is nice that it is toolless. As for pushing the line towards a MR-G...no more than the previous model in my opinion. The finish doesn’t look any different than the previous model and to be honest I prefer the hands on the previous version with the alternating brush and polish for legibility and also aesthetics. To be fair, I think the MTG-b1000 was a huge step up from the previous model in terms of refinement and finish, and I suppose the CC monocoque case design is another refinement for this line giving it a sleeker, more integrated look. Also, I prefer how the lugs smoothly transition into the case rather than the porthole look of the previous one. So I’ll take it back, I think it is an improvement overall.
Man, I love that dark cherry bezel and black ip case and bracelet. This model with the dark cherry bezel might be my favorite MTG yet, with the exception of the Volcanic Lightning. I’m already exploding at the seams with Gs...must resist..............

Reactions: GaryK30

·
Registered
182 Posts
I finally saw the MTG B2000 at the local authorised retailer. My impressions were:-

-the blue version, the color is MUCH MUCH somber and of darker shade than all the photos found online. I would say almost blackish blue. Dull blue. The photos showing the richer lighter blue were reflections. Overall, u can consider the watch almost all black. The resin strap are of softer material vs the MTG B1000 1A, and no special raised section to stop the end of strap from portruding, earlier assumptions on the raised section was based on photos which were probably shadows. The resin material and feel does not felt superior to the MTG B1000 1A typ

-the grey/silver version, as one member pointed out, the bezel almost lose the distinctiveness due to similiar color of the steel bezel.

-did not check out the burgundy version

Overall, the prices are at least 60% premium over the existing MTG B1000 1A. Online discounted 10% (non local dealer, direct from Japan) , any lower and can be certain non original or grey markets.

I will wait for special sales discount after 6m to 1 year before making a decision.

Btw, some older models without BT were super cheap.

l

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just chiming in for those considering the B2000. The watch is awesome but there are a few big differences from the previous gen B1000.

It is lighter thanks to its carbon monocoque case but the bracelet feels a little cheap. it's just too light and even though it is tremendously comfortable on the wrist, I actually prefer the heft of the MTG-B1000's bracelet. On the plus side, it is easier to remove with the quick release spring-bar system.

There are also no more cities references for quick time zone changing. The time zones can be changed in increments or decrements of 1 hr via the crown. For those who are in half time-zones, you can only use the app to make changes or manually set the minute hands.

I feel that the B2000 is a lot more reliant on the app compared to the B1000, the good news is that the watch is continuously connected to your app until 1hr of no movement. So you can easily check battery status and change time zones or set alarms/timers without having to press the button to reconnect.

The advertised faster motors doesn't seem to make much difference from the B1000, I felt like both seem to move the hands rather quickly. I would say the one major thing that i really love about this over the B1000 is the day indicator, finally, no more having to squint to check what day it is!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Still not sure if I could live with that bezel but the hollow links killed it for me.
Guess it would make it feel cheap.

Had the 'Cherry'' bezel model in my basket for weeks but can't commit. Would be nice to try in person though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Im leaning towards the Blue version.

More things noted.

1- the side of the watch (below the buttons) seems empty. Maybe too empty.

The more prominent Day indicator, might, just might, affect the time reading of the hour and minute hands, esp at a glance.

2- the Burgundy version looks nice but noted that the Day indicator semi rounded bar is in Red color too. Like many Edifice watches. Means the watch more busy looking. The Blue and Grey version do not suffer from this problem, as the Day indicator bar are blackish or almost same color with the watch background/face.

3- noted the thickness, the slimmer MTG B1000 1A is already giving me problems when wearing or taking off long sleeve shirts. Edifice slim line is the best.

4. The resin bottom, concern about long term durability. Will the wordings fade? Comfort? Also, there seem to be big gap around the resin bottom and steel case. And opening the case for battery change, how?

As.mentioned, readibility is a HUGE leap forward for the MTG B2000 vs the old MTG B1000 1A (esp the 1a model). The hand indicators are thicker and white. Unlike the thinner MTG B1000. The day indicator design is.almost.useless for the MTG B1000.

But to be fair, i get used to the thinner hands of the older MTG B1000, as they do reflect light and easier to read udr most angles.

5. Not sure about the "shiny " rating of this model. The MTG B1000 1A is very, very, very shiny. Casio really did their work. The watch surfaces reflects light like a diamond or mirror. Very classy looking. Not even the GST B100 can compare

6. No battery indicator. But the "self check" feature in the app is very useful and impressive.

Glad Casio removed the city labels around the inner bezel and think redundant due to ability of the app to so set world time.

7. For the price premium over the older MTG B1000, not much differences in functions.

8. How suitable for office or official wear, other than the dark grey model.

9. Looks.much.more.masculine than the more feminine.looking MTG B1000 prefererred the flat thicker bezel vs the slightly sloping bezel of the MTG B1000 1A in terms of aesthetics, both are close. Sometimes the pothole look of the strap holder and manhole cover of the MTG B1000 looks weird. In this regard i prefer the MTG B2000.

10. At first i dislike curved sapphire glass (my first Ghsock was the flat glass of GST B100 1a, however i have came to appreciate the beauty. The MTG B1000 1A face is very reflective. But i get used to it nw.

11. The lume on the hour markers, seems that at the 12 o clock positon, is slightly longer. So, in complete darkness, u will know where is the 12 o clock position, and not having to ensure u r the holding the watch upright and not upside down, thus reading wromg time. The MTGB1000 1A hour markers, the lume looks the same on alll the markers. However, wish the lume are apllied across the entire hour and minute hand instead of minimal amoount or 1/3 2(same wih MTG N1000 1A). Makes it sligghtly difficult to determine the time. The GST B100 1A , the lume area on the hour and minute hands, nearly entire hand. But of course, on this model, the lume only on the hour and minute hand.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I live in Korea and the cherry bezel model arrived...but the AD told me it is the only one and will be the only one. I have to say that it is gorgeous, but it wears a lot bigger than the b-1000 which is a bit disappointing, but at the same time the bracelet integrates significantly better, so it is a fair trade off. I'd honestly buy it, but my AD will not give me a discount so I am going to leave it for now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Me thought u live in Australia Mr Jones hahaha..anyway, new models are not discounted by AR. wait for at least 1 year, during festive sales, maybe 5% or 10%. I got the MTG B1000 1A at 10% off retail. It was an impulse buy, never even tried and hold the watch before buying. As for the GST B100 1A, 5% off.

I think the bigger feel mainly comes from the xtra thickness. As dimensions actually slightly smalller. I dislike thick watches.

The MTG B1000 1A, feels a bit top heavy, and end of strap always portrude out.maybe i will try a steel strap for the MTG B2000. Still undecided as all 3 look gorgeous.

Also.noted.no resin or.button guard on the main crown,.means unable to.rest at 3 o clock position.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I live in Korea and the cherry bezel model arrived...but the AD told me it is the only one and will be the only one. I have to say that it is gorgeous, but it wears a lot bigger than the b-1000 which is a bit disappointing, but at the same time the bracelet integrates significantly better, so it is a fair trade off. I'd honestly buy it, but my AD will not give me a discount so I am going to leave it for now.
Well, I didn't hold out for long. Hahaha He wouldn't give me much of a discount, but in lieu I received a substantial gift certificate (which I used some already to buy a kinda stupidly priced bottle of scotch hahaha). Afterwards, without my knowing, he sent me half a dozen Starbucks coffee gift certificates, too. I hate Starbucks, but I'll use it and I appreciate the gesture.
I gotta say, I think the previous model wears a bit smaller and I like its dial layout better, but the new one is far more comfortable. It is incredibly light (they hollowed out a larger portion of the links, 15% more I think, and injection filled them with resin) and I like how the bracelet integrates a lot more. Anyway, I'm still trying to gauge how I feel about it in comparison to the last model. There is no doubt it is a great watch, though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well, I didn't hold out for long. Hahaha He wouldn't give me much of a discount, but in lieu I received a substantial gift certificate (which I used some already to buy a kinda stupidly priced bottle of scotch hahaha). Afterwards, without my knowing, he sent me half a dozen Starbucks coffee gift certificates, too. I hate Starbucks, but I'll use it and I appreciate the gesture.
I gotta say, I think the previous model wears a bit smaller and I like its dial layout better, but the new one is far more comfortable. It is incredibly light (they hollowed out a larger portion of the links, 15% more I think, and injection filled them with resin) and I like how the bracelet integrates a lot more. Anyway, I'm still trying to gauge how I feel about it in comparison to the last model. There is no doubt it is a great watch, though.
Great collection you got there and congrats on your latest purchase!

I recently noticed that the lume on the hour markers is slightly less compared to the B1000. A little disappointing because the lume does fade out faster compared to the B1000. I do like the contrast of the glow between the hands and markers though.

20210114_104547.jpg

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats! U made the right color choice. I went to the shop to check out all the 3 models again, and the burgundy red variant is heads and above the other 2 sibling. I already have 2 silver/black resin Gshocks and this is a welcome change, if u do pull the trigger. The same burgundy red color is found in the Connect button of the GST B100 1A, which gives the model a really nice visual beauty.2

My remaining concern is the thickness, my MTG B1000 1A at 14.4 is already proving a handful during chg or trying new clothes, the GST B100 1A at 14.1 much better, but also wears bigger. Looks big in photos.

Yep noted the difference in lume nw, surprised as the model.cost at least 50% more than the.MTG B1000 1A

·
Registered
182 Posts
Gud thing the straps are changeable. The grey/black is not far behind the burgundy red in popularity. Perfect for office. Looks like a high class, manly watch.

I have bad experience with MTG B10001 1A resin strap, which the end portrudes out a lot, comical look like some teenagers watch. In fact it does has some raised section but is too low, and strap material too hard. Like those from analog frogman or Mudmasters, which u see often end of strap portruding.

If money is not an issue, i would probably get all 3 MTG B2000!!

81 - 100 of 109 Posts