WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the news I received in my inbox today, and it's almost overwhelming.

The title of my post says it all, there's MUCH going on at Speake-Marin.

And from what I read and saw it's going to be some exciting months too! Do you agree?

I hope you have had an excellent summer (or winter for those of you in the southern hemisphere). I had a fantastic – though busy – time during the Speake-Marin tour of Asia.
There is lots of news to catch up on: We have launched the Spirit MkII DLC; the Spirit MkII has been preselected for the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève; we will attend three watch fairs in November and we have a new retailer partner in Switzerland. Plus, a sneak preview of an exciting collaborative project.
In September, we had the launch of the Spirit MkII DLC − DLC for Diamond-Like Carbon – which was very well received. The DLC takes the casual, contemporary style that the Speake-Marin Spirit collection has become known for to a striking new level thanks to the DLC’s it's sleek deep-black Piccadilly case.
This daring new addition to the military-inspired Spirit collection demonstrates Speake-Marin’s desire to further explore our history. The collection pays homage to a vintage military watch that became my personal timekeeper after I bought and restored it nearly 20 years ago.
We are delighted to announce that Speake-Marin’s Spirit MkII has been preselected by the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève jury in the “Petite Aiguille” category for watches under 7’500 Swiss francs, ahead of next month’s awards ceremony. Preselection means that the Spirit has been chosen in the top 20 watches in its class from all of the entries.
The winner of each category will be announced at the red-carpet prize-giving ceremony held at Geneva’s Grand Théâtre on Friday, November 15th.
The Spirit MkII was launched in 2012 and features a highly-legible, three-dimensional one-piece dial; slim Piccadilly case; automatic movement with five-day power reserve; and inspirational case-back engraving “Fight, Love & Persevere”.
This November, we will showcase the latest Speake-Marin collection at MunichTime (Munich, Germany, November 1st-3rd), SalonQP (London, UK, November 7th-9th) and ViennaTime (Vienna, Austria, November 15th-17th).
We look forward to seeing you at the Munich, London and Vienna autumn fairs. To arrange an appointment with us, please contact us [email protected].
During the summer, I visited our partners and watch aficionados in Malaysia, Japan and Singapore. In June and July at the Khronos Unique Horlogerie boutique in Kuala Lumpur, which has a dedicated Speake-Marin exhibition space. In August at Isetan Shinjuku luxury store in Tokyo, we exhibited at a high-end watch fair for over five days.
There was also a collectors’ dinner at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. It was a thoroughly enjoyable tour and reinforced the strong bonds we have with the region.
Finally, I would like to share my excitement about a collaborative project that I am working on with three extremely talented craftsmen: Acclaimed engraver Kees Engelbarts; Christophe Seewer and artist-designer Gionibek Kudaibergen. I can’t give away any more at the moment, but suffice to say we are enjoying working together immensely and I am confident it will lead to a fantastic creation.

·
Premium Member
7,336 Posts
The Spirit MkII is a stunner to me. Not a lot written on his watches here on wus.

As for the technotime movement (and the company in general), there doesn't seem to be a lot to be found on the web. Little bits of information here and there, but nothing I would consider substantial enough to form a solid opinion. If anyone knows and cares to share more I'd appreciate it.

·
Banned
10,075 Posts
|> Nice, but that crown scares me. :-(
I have to agree; the watch is quite handsome. I also agree about the crown, which looks like it's just dying to snag something, that or awaiting being ripped off the watch itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts