WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm doomed.

two weeks ago i ordered a gw-5600 from the good folks at hbwatches. i'm still waiting for the watch to get here, must be having a great time with it's new friends at the portuguese customs office...

i was, at the same time, waiting for the new mudman and gulfman to get to our local dealers, which is taking a lot of time.
i cannot walk by a window of a shop that sells g-shocks and keep walking. i've even been making small detours, away from the shortest routes, to check out another store. and i believe you are all to blame.

yesterday i spotted a classic mudman (g-9000-1ver) and everything i've read at the forum started jumping inside my mind... 24hr countdown timer, two stopwatches, great illumination, mud resist (even though i don't get muddy that often), world time...

the only thing missing, as far as i'm concerned, is the solar bit.

the price seemed right, so i took it home with me.

i didn't really need this one, but everyone seems to be so happy with them, and they show up a lot of times when someone asks for recommendations, i couldn't resist.

and now i have to wait for the other one to get here, hopefully this week...

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Congratulations. I have the same one and love it. I also have the green one with negative display, and I've just won a white one on ebay. I think the basic black one is the best though. :-!

PS: Oh yes... you're doomed. :-d

·
Registered
765 Posts
The collection never ends ;-)

In fact, after seeing your Mudman, I am very tempted to get one myself (I currently have the Olive Green Mudman and the TLC Mudman) :-d

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Lets not forget the G9000MC-8DR!!
I was almost tempted by either the army or jam in camo ones last night, but ended up going for the 'milk'.

I like this too. But it'll be great if the strap is just plain grey instead of camo grey. It looks too funky for an adult IMO unless of course one is in the art/creative industry.
Those were my thoughts too.

·
Registered
754 Posts
when did the G9000 mudman become a classic? (so quickly? :-d)

the G9000 was so good that i had to buy another one after i sold my first
I'm also thinking of getting another Mudman in addition to my red TLC one.

I want a black but can't decide btw the atomic version or the upcoming 25th Anni Dawn Black. Leaning towards the atomic one but it is expensive and I have to import it from somewhere. Whereas I should be able to get the Dawn Black where I live in.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I own the black and cream colored G-9000 Mudmen. Although I don't think they're in the list of most attractive G-Shocks (the cream is pretty good looking, as long as it doesn't get dirty), I do believe that they are possibly the most functionally perfect G-Shocks ever produced. Very tough, very comfortable, and have a great module.

An instant classic!!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I own the black and cream colored G-9000 Mudmen. Although I don't think they're in the list of most attractive G-Shocks (the cream is pretty good looking, as long as it doesn't get dirty), I do believe that they are possibly the most functionally perfect G-Shocks ever produced. Very tough, very comfortable, and have a great module.
i'm enjoying the watch a lot (for the past 14hrs 37 min 59 secs - according to the first 1000hr stopwatch) but i would love to have the current time of day always available or, at least on the world time mode (as my g-7500). i think it's a very handy thing, when traveling, being able to have both timezones without changing modes...

·
Registered
390 Posts

An instant classic!!!!

That's something I've been curious about. I love those cream Mudman G's and every picture I've seen of them always looks like they're new (which they probably are:-d) but do they get dirty looking? And more importantly do they clean up to pristine again?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts