WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6 month old Mudman G9000-8V. Only moderate use. The color has started coming off the bezel and the strap. A sort of pinkish color has started to show on the edges of the bezel and the strap. I've sent it to Casio for repair since it is still under warranty. But this is kind of disappointing. I hope I don't have to do this every 6 months. Anybody else seen this? Is this a known problem?

I found one other picture on the web showing exactly the same kind of discoloration. Mine is only worse. Here is the link:

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34019

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi,

I have the exact same issue. It isn't the watch discolouring, but the dye on your clothes running and staining it. I think it's the price you pay for wearing a light watch.

Since I noticed it I've tried to wear it mainly with short sleeves and it seems to have stopped getting any worse.

Not an ideal solution, but if you can it might help.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I have the exact same issue. It isn't the watch discolouring, but the dye on your clothes running and staining it. I think it's the price you pay for wearing a light watch.

Since I noticed it I've tried to wear it mainly with short sleeves and it seems to have stopped getting any worse.

Not an ideal solution, but if you can it might help.

Cheers,
Tom
Thanks for the response Tom. That is very interesting. Is it some sort of a chemical reaction of the plastic itself with the dye or is it just the dye rubbing off on the plastic? Have you tried cleaning it?

Anyway, the uniform pink color suggests to me that it is some sort of reaction. I doubt it can be cleaned. I'll post pictures if I get back the old casing and strap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts