WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mudman Boys,

I just gotten a G-9000-3VDR today. However i realised that it feels warmer when i wore the watch as compared to my gulfman. anyone else notice this as well?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Is the case back of the Gulfman titanium? and the Mudman Stainless?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup.

both are metal and should dissipitate heat at about the same rate.. hmm..

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Is the G-9000-3VDR the one with that easy-bake-oven bulb that lights it? That could be the cause. :-d

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
yup.

both are metal and should dissipitate heat at about the same rate.. hmm..
Titanium is a much poorer conductor of heat compared to steel and should therefore feel noticeably cooler after being in contact with your skin for some time. An advantage in watches imo especially when wearing in hot conditions.

Funnily though, a SS watch will often feel colder intially as it draws heat quickly from your skin immediately after putting it on giving a cold sensation.

Mitch

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Titanium is a much poorer conductor of heat compared to steel and should therefore feel noticeably cooler after being in contact with your skin for some time. An advantage in watches imo especially when wearing in hot conditions.

Funnily though, a SS watch will often feel colder intially as it draws heat quickly from your skin immediately after putting it on giving a cold sensation.

Mitch
Makes sense to me. Might have to experiment a little now however.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
The Mudman has the resin on the back. Resin/plastic is an insulator, metal is a conductor. Based on that, I would expect the Mudman to be warmer, as it will dissipate less heat.

Wrap your arm in tin foil, vs. wrap it in plastic wrap. The plastic will likely feel warmer as it does not dissipate the heat. The foil will disipate the heat, so will seem cooler.

When I first posted I forgot the Mudman had the resin on the back.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now i got it. Thanks alot Guys. Guess this is one of the disadvantages of a mudman..

Regards,
Ben :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Boys,

my muddie's light is so tough to activate i got to press it so hard and not only that, sometimes i press so hard and no light comes up. Is it something wrong with the button?

Regards,
Ben

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
The Mudman has the resin on the back. Resin/plastic is an insulator, metal is a conductor. Based on that, I would expect the Mudman to be warmer, as it will dissipate less heat.

Wrap your arm in tin foil, vs. wrap it in plastic wrap. The plastic will likely feel warmer as it does not dissipate the heat. The foil will disipate the heat, so will seem cooler.

When I first posted I forgot the Mudman had the resin on the back.
I actually think that the resin pieces would tend to keep the SS back from touching skin and as resin is a very poor conductor of heat that should actually help to keep the watch cool.

Mitch

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Hey Boys,

my muddie's light is so tough to activate i got to press it so hard and not only that, sometimes i press so hard and no light comes up. Is it something wrong with the button?

Regards,
Ben
nope, the button is tough as hell.
boiling it might help

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=101161

or u can do AUTO EL.

bout the heat, i got it worse when in the kitchen. the nubs was biting into my skin making the sweat irritates the hell of my wrist. there is be a gap between the skin and backplate because of the nubs and backplate protector. there will be no air circulation. how tight u wear your mud? i wear my muddie pretty loose.b-)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mitch: well if it is a poor conductor of heat. it will conduct the heat away slower hence more heat will be generated right?

Mansrow: well if i were to wear it tight, i use the 5th slot from the top. But now i m using the 6th. Thanks guys for the help :)

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Mitch: well if it is a poor conductor of heat. it will conduct the heat away slower hence more heat will be generated right?

Mansrow: well if i were to wear it tight, i use the 5th slot from the top. But now i m using the 6th. Thanks guys for the help :)
good to know. just an idea !!!
removing the backcase resin protector, perhaps? :think:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
propably but it seems stuck to the bezel. I like my mudman. I just feel uncomfortable about the backlight. I thought it was spoiled today while i was swimming in the afternoon sun. So i decided to try out the backlight. I cupped the screen with my palm and pressed the button, but i saw nothing. I was so worried as i just gotten the watch for a day. I kept pressing the button as i thought it was spoiled until when i reached home i realised that it is still functional. But the button seems to be alittle kuku. Like what i stated above posts. I was wondering if my actions caused the button to not function well. :(

also realised that backlights for reverse displays work best in no-sunlight condition.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
The buttons are definately stiff, which is a side effect of the mud resistance. I don't really understand the conversation about the temperature. I'm sure there's some difference between how warm a Mudman feels compared to a Gulfman, but I've not noticed it myself and can't see it being a problem. :think:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts