WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Casio's Twin Resist TRT-101H. It's Mud and Water Resitant and has sealed button just like our Mudman. For a non-G it's very well armored. It features a 10yr battery, 5 alarms, CDT, chronograph and 5 time zones! It's a pretty cool little watch. Anyone else had one of these? I've never seen another like it besides mine.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
That is unusual. I could understand the crystal being convex if it were to magnify things. I wonder what the thinking was behind those digits. :-s If the looks appeal to you though, it does have a good set of features, and looks pretty tough.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is unusual. I could understand the crystal being convex if it were to magnify things. I wonder what the thinking was behind those digits. :-s If the looks appeal to you though, it does have a good set of features, and looks pretty tough.
The digits were obviously made that way for aesthetic reasons but the numbers are quite large and, therefore, easy to read.

It is also very tough and, apart from the lower water resistance, I would not hesitate to pit it against my other G-Shocks. You can tell that a lot of thought went into the design of the watch.

Obviously it's not everyones cup of tea but I like it. :thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you ever need a replacement strap:

http://www.wristwatcher.com/component/page,shop.product_details/category_id,34/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,534/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=34&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=534&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1

Looks like the strap is integrated into the bezel-- maybe not pins or screws between the bezel and strap? Confirmation? Looks tough.

I bought the brown highlight color (yours is blue) as a gift for a friend some 4 or 5 years ago. I briefly held it in-hand, and thought the construction was quite robust. I would have liked it more had the digits been, shall I say, less stylish. ;-)

I'm really glad you've brought this baby-muddy to attention here. Nice catch. Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts