WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
no one has posted on some new German watches lately and this one came to my attention earlier this week via email.

i really like this model for the clean dial/markers and the simple baton hands which have always been a favorite for their simplicity and ease in reading. love the 'pie-pan' dial...it gives the dial excellent depth and makes it visually more interesting and is somewhat of a departure from the commonplace German dials which have no reflector ring and appear very flat. the black date wheel and red seconds hand help round out the look which is very classic and timeless.

the only minor tweak that i would do to make the piece slightly smaller - it measures 42.5mm wide. still, i am liking this very much and may have to add this to my buy-next list.

there is a while dial option and a chrono version as well.

[Watchbuys photo]

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
no one has posted on some new German watches lately and this one came to my attention earlier this week via email.

i really like this model for the clean dial/markers and the simple baton hands which have always been a favorite for their simplicity and ease in reading. love the 'pie-pan' dial...it gives the dial excellent depth and makes it visually more interesting and is somewhat of a departure from the commonplace German dials which have no reflector ring and appear very flat. the black date wheel and red seconds hand help round out the look which is very classic and timeless.

the only minor tweak that i would do to make the piece slightly smaller - it measures 42.5mm wide. still, i am liking this very much and may have to add this to my buy-next list.

That watch is a beauty...

It is slightly reminiscent of the Architectura Bauhaus design except with a different movement.

Glen

·
Registered
161 Posts
Clean, classic look :-! Nice to see something new out of Muhle.

[Watchbuys photo]

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
the problem with this model when it was introduced was that i didn't like the hands...they don't fit the look for this watch. the subseconds and white date wheel (not needed because the stick marker at the 3 is long enough) didn't really do it for me either. throw in the flat dial...it seemed to be a rather cold looking and somewhat boring piece. YMMV of course.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
the Muhle Glashutte are >1000 euro or <1000 euro?

it's really nice classic piece.I love it.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Boy, Muhle Glashutte makes some great watches, I do like the style of this, and I could take these hands or the flat broad ones on the other model; either way it is nice.|>
Regards
Robt
[Watchbuys photo]
[/quote]

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Really clean and sleek looking, I love the look! Congratulations and wear it in good health!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like this watch very much. I tried it on last summer on a german vacation, and the only thing that kept me away from taking it was the polished ( too polished ) finish, as I am more fond of sandblasted finishes.

polished always means more marks, and I am quite a clumsy watchlover. but it really is an eyecatcher !

regards

·
Registered
116 Posts

[Watchbuys photo]
The more I look at this watch the more I like it. I have been on the hunt on a sporty dress watch or a dressy sports watch depending on how you look at it, I think this one fits the bill. This is on my shopping list for the watch to get this year.

·
Registered
2 Posts

[Watchbuys photo]
I just bought the white dial on a trip to Germany, I absolutely love it!

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
Hi!

Does anyone out there have personal experience with Muhle 29er chrono? It looks very appealing to me, but I'm having second thoughts because of the size (diameter over 42 mm, and thickness 14 mm).

I've had usually quite slim watches, only one diver. Compared to them, this looks like a monster. ;-) Which, of course, isn't necessarily bad...

All comments will be appreciated, and wristphotos would be great. :thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts