• PAM 422

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are four in the running, and the plan is to maybe buy another eventually. But you know what they say about plans: The first may become the only.

I‘ve tried them all on but am finding it hard to make the call. I’d love to see your votes and hear your opinions.

I love the wired lugs on the Radiomir; the complexity of the Cali‘s dial and the starkness of the SLC are both so unique.

But then there’s the iconic simplicity of the 372. it‘s what first drew me to Panerai in the first place. And the 422 has complexity that will satisfy if it becomes the only Pan.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I like your selection.
I’m more a Luminor guy but the wire lugs are nice !

You can get a 372, or 422, and later get a Radiomir.
You can get both if you buy used.

Good luck.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: TwelveCrows

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like your selection.
I’m more a Luminor guy but the wire lugs are nice !

You can get a 372, or 422, and later get a Radiomir.
You can get both if you buy used.

Good luck.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice. Going the Luminor route I’d probably go with the 422.

·
Registered
466 Posts
There are four in the running, and the plan is to maybe buy another eventually. But you know what they say about plans: The first may become the only.

I‘ve tried them all on but am finding it hard to make the call. I’d love to see your votes and hear your opinions.

I love the wired lugs on the Radiomir; the complexity of the Cali‘s dial and the starkness of the SLC are both so unique.

But then there’s the iconic simplicity of the 372. it‘s what first drew me to Panerai in the first place. And the 422 has complexity that will satisfy if it becomes the only Pan.
I understand the difficulty in choosing between those 4. Personally I like the 372 and the 422 more. It’s basically a question of do you want a seconds hand or not. I Like the 422 the most. The power reserve in the back display is the icing on the cake.

·
Registered
21,722 Posts
Get some wrist time before you buy a 47mil Luminor as they are big watches, and are too big if you have a small wrist.

47mil Rads wear a lot smaller as they are effectively lugless.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Get some wrist time before you buy a 47mil Luminor as they are big watches, and are too big if you have a small wrist.

47mil Rads wear a lot smaller as they are effectively lugless.
Can confirm.

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
sounds like it's your first Panerai.
if i were you?. as my first. i'd pick a Luminor . preferably the 372. but you can't go wrong with the 422. it's an aweosme piece with the added sub-dial seconds hand (some like to see the watch moving). either one you'll be very happy with.
good luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds like it's your first Panerai.
if i were you?. as my first. i'd pick a Luminor . preferably the 372. but you can't go wrong with the 422. it's an aweosme piece with the added sub-dial seconds hand (some like to see the watch moving). either one you'll be very happy with.
good luck
I have been able to try them on, except for the 422. Fortunately, I have 7.5” wrists, so I didn’t find any of them too big.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts