WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Premium Member
Whats the difference between Multi Band 6 and "Wave Ceptor" ?
Waveceptor is the original Atomic Clock system in G-Shocks. It will only pick up one transmitter.

So basically if you're in the US, you then couldn't come to the UK and get a signal from the UK transmitter.

Each Waveceptor watch will only receive a signal in the country it was originally sold in.

MB6 is designed to pick up all 6 transmitters around the globe, and will automatically do so, (as long as you're in range).

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Waveceptor is the original Atomic Clock system in G-Shocks. It will only pick up one transmitter.

So basically if you're in the US, you then couldn't come to the UK and get a signal from the UK transmitter.

Each Waveceptor watch will only receive a signal in the country it was originally sold in.

MB6 is designed to pick up all 6 transmitters around the globe, and will automatically do so, (as long as you're in range).

Good to know!

Registered

There are models (new) currently on eBay that are both Waveceptor and Multiband 6.

Registered
Didn't realise that!

But anyway, the OP's Waveceptor G still counts for what I originally said 馃槀 .

I hereby edit my comments to read "G's with ONLY Waveceptor receivers, not MB6, just work on one transmitter"馃槈
Sorry for beeing the bad guy here. This is not 100% correct. As you said, Waveceptor was the old technology before MultiBand. Most Waveceptors were made for a specific region and able to receive the signal there.

But there were some Waveceptors, which already could receive 2 signals (US + Japan). There are a few modules able to do this.

See the list on ShockBase

Example:
GW-1100 series with modul 2752. The watch says Waveceptor, no MultiBand label.
Watch Analog watch Product Watch accessory Clock

Snippet from the 2752 manual.
Font Line Parallel Circle Diagram

Regards Konstantin

Premium Member
Sorry for beeing the bad guy here. This is not 100% correct. As you said, Waveceptor was the old technology before MultiBand. Most Waveceptors were made for a specific region and able to receive the signal there.

But there were some Waveceptors, which already could receive 2 signals (US + Japan). There are a few modules able to do this.

See the list on ShockBase

Example:
GW-1100 series with modul 2752. The watch says Waveceptor, no MultiBand label.
View attachment 16260783

Snippet from the 2752 manual.
View attachment 16260782

Regards Konstantin
Didn't know that either! Cheers for the info

Registered
Didn't know that either! Cheers for the info

You're very welcome.

I didnt knew it eighter. I only stumpled upon this fact when gathering this series for ShockBase.

Interesting fact: There seems to be no other combination. No Waveceptor US/Europe or Japan/Europe, only US/Japan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts