WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Is there anyone on the west coast of oz picking up multiband 6 our time zone is Hong Kong.
forget mb6, do you guys even have in door plumbing over there yet? :-d haha

as sticky said, its patchy at best but thru some miracle theres a guy on here (forgot his username!) that says he gets regular updates in brisbane. its never worked for me on the few half hearted attempts ive tried but ive just sent myself a reminder to give it another go tonight |>

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

as sticky said, its patchy at best but thru some miracle theres a guy on here (forgot his username!) that says he gets regular updates in brisbane. its never worked for me on the few half hearted attempts ive tried but ive just sent myself a reminder to give it another go tonight |>
Your not wrong about being behind the times,but I enjoy a quieter lifestyle and less people.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Yep I'm in Brisbane and get mb6 nearly every night give or take. Granted only in one spot on a book case on the western side of the house with the door open (with security screen). But it works for me as I have 4 watches.

Even if it picked up mb6 once a week I'd be happy. Recently it's been just about every night but it can be a couple of days in between.

Here's proof of sorts. I don't use the app thing as it is quite a bit of stuffing around.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Just reread ops post and he's in WA, which is the other side of the country. I reckon you'll be hard pressed getting mb6 there. Maybe if you lived in Broome up north you might. Perth no way.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's a dampish overcast night here in Sydney so I thought I would give manual MB6 sync a try with my GW-S5600 set to TKO.

Went to the highest part of my property, faced North, stirred through the entrails of a chicken ... no joy.

Tried with it on my wrist, off my wrist, off my wrist with my metal bodied torch through the band .... consistently got an L1 followed by the dreaded "ERR" a few minutes later.

I guess it was always a long shot, but I got excited seeing the "L1" but it was just a tease and failed each time.

Mike

·
Registered
3,871 Posts

I get it nearly every night, if I put them on a windowsill in my bedroom. Never got it anywhere else. In fact I set my Frogman on Japan time and it synced overnight again.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I’m in Brissie as well and I do get it at least once a week. Usually when I am wearing one on wrist while sleeping. Not every night however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
tried a gw5000 and gwn1000 for the last couple nights but no dice. had them on a screened open window upstairs facing NEE and last night i moved the 5000 to a north-ish facing closed window but no go either. have also found how annoying it is to drill thru the menu on the gulfie to check the rcv, will prob stick with the 5000 for the rest of my trials lol

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
it hasnt been a week yet but ive tried a few diff. spots around my house and no luck. i live on a hill in a 2 story house but im still in a black spot for mobile reception! so that could be part of the reason too.

in saying that, ive already spent enough time messing around with checking, setting and moving that i couldve set my whole collection manually for a year! so i think i'll just stick with what works for me |>

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Wasn't there a guy (here on the forum, i don't know) who used a wall mounted bike frame as an amplifier/antenna to boost the signal for his MB6 watches that he hung on the frame?
The idea about that was not the bike itself, but rather any metal rod object, that would amplify the signal.

I hope it works out for you 'down under' guys!

Once you experience the joys of waking up with MB6 accuracy, there is no turning back. No matter how easy it is to set the time manually, precision accuracy of MB6 can't be matched that way.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
The idea about that was not the bike itself, but rather any metal rod object, that would amplify the signal.

I hope it works out for you 'down under' guys!

Once you experience the joys of waking up with MB6 accuracy, there is no turning back. No matter how easy it is to set the time manually, precision accuracy of MB6 can't be matched that way.
effort vs reward vs need. everything is great when you dont need to do a thing (tho some fanatics still seem to waste alot of time obsessing over the tiny "rcvd") i think its neat on my gpw and mrgg but really i have no need for to-the-second accruacy since nothing in my (nor most ppls) lives requires that kind of accurancy.
considering it only takes me about 5-10 seconds, 2-3 times a year while waiting for a bus, its a rather insignificant thing to worry about. its not like casios have chronic time loss/gain like a mechanical or something.

thing is, even if i had it i wouldnt care much for it. it doesnt phase me in the slightest if my gps sync-ers have or havent syncd, most days i dont bother checking, maybe s few times a year just cos i can but otherwise as long as its not 5min off im good to go |> the whole point of a G is to be worry free and the only thing i want to obsess over them is what one to buy next ;)

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
...i think its neat on my gpw and mrgg but really i have no need for to-the-second accruacy since nothing in my (nor most ppls) lives requires that kind of accurancy...
Point well taken. I agree, that there is very little practical everyday use for accuracy within 1 second and I understand that as a result such accuracy may not be important for everybody. Never the less there are still a enough fans who find pride and joy in the exact accuracy of their watches. It is a passion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts