WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I like a variety for different reasons

Plain digital quartz G-Shock DW5600. Cheap and tough.

And the other G-Shock extreme, the MTG-G1000 GPS hybrid wave ceptor with all the features...GPS, radio controlled, solar powered.

Citizen Excalibur, or any Eco-Drive

Timex Weekender Chronograph. Really good value, and doesn't suffer the loud tick of 3-hand Weekenders

Certina DS2 Precidrive. Cool movement. Same with the DS8.

Seiko perpetual calendar

I currently only have this Curv Chronograph, but any of the UHF movement watches are nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I've been testing out a two categories of quartz approach to compliment my daily automatic - a tough no nonsense watch and a fun quirky watch - I don't have pics - stock picks instead:

GShock Mudman - In my opinion a Gshock is the ultimate back up, heck, ultimate every day if you want it to be.

I squiggle lines for things with doors and windows for a living and I'm an admirer of Frank Lloyd Wright's work, so my other quartz is a fun piece for occasional wear by Bulova:

I'm a bigger space nerd than architecture nerd, so I concur with the Bulova moon watch suggestions. I had one but just couldn't get on with it. The width was OK, but it it just seemed awkward on my wrist. I keep looking at it as a re-buy but then remind myself I didn't like how it wore.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
The Alpina (Alpiner) Swiss Quarts 10mm x 41.5mm blue dial is on par with an Omega in looks but my standby quartz are the newer G800 anadigi G-Shocks - thinner and smaller at 42mm.
52013337-F567-471C-948D-2876FAFCC516.jpeg
31A63943-5C67-4FB1-B626-DF8F41ABB4D7.jpeg
08A3B976-037A-4830-B71F-0D5CD065A879.jpeg

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Any G-Shock square

And IMO it would be a gross oversight for any affordable collection to lack a Casio AE-1200WH aka Casio Royale: (not my photo)

I love every aspect of that watch and it was $11 at Walmart. The size is perfect, retro vibes, sweet orange backlight, world time, alarms, extremely legible, lightweight. Dollar for dollar it has to be my favorite value watch of all time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
No such thing as a 'must-have' quartz watch (or even a 'must-have' watch!), IMO.

I have a few, but most rarely get worn, primarily because they ARE quartz - I find I'll put on a mechanical watch to 'give it a run', the quartz ones are always running, so rarely get worn.

Come the Zombie Apocalypse (What? This isn't it?), I'll stick to a mechanical watch, even the solar watches capacitors have a finite life.

Probably my Helson Sharkmaster 600 - I can use it as a club if need be!

M

21 - 38 of 38 Posts