WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I like what I'm seeing, thanks for sharing. I'd take the silver dial over this blue sunray but it's a beauty nonetheless.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I was super excited when i saw the thread title, but i dunno...i'm just not finding it very appealing. I felt like the original was a bit too understated, but this has gone to the opposite end.

I like that the new hour markers seem a bit more prominent than on the original though! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
9,512 Posts
I like the "Moon" part but I'm not sure about the dial, even in enamel. I think enameling is best done on a flat service that adds that rich depth to the dial. It may be lost here but it's probably a watch you have to see in person to tell.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Wow. Beautiful. I can see either this or the Reverso Moon as my next dress watch.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the "Moon" part but I'm not sure about the dial, even in enamel. I think enameling is best done on a flat service that adds that rich depth to the dial. It may be lost here but it's probably a watch you have to see in person to tell.
I certainly see your point, and this is a matter of aesthetic preference. That said, however, enamel is perhaps the most traditional way of finishing guilloché on not only watch dials but all sorts of high-end metal arts. My personal favorite example:

1484235101_remontoire-soldier-fish-scales.jpg

·
Registered
298 Posts
Its nice but not like 35-40k nice, lovely piece but for that money i would rather have a A.Lange or Patek..

Reactions: mleok

·
Premium Member
9,466 Posts
Its nice but not like 35-40k nice, lovely piece but for that money i would rather have a A.Lange or Patek..
Which is likely its ballpark. Maybe more like 25-30, but still.

I doubt the pics do the dial justice tho. As far as enamel over guilloche...RGM's done it, UN's done it, even Seiko's done it. It can look gorgeous. Given the transparency, it should have nice depth.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Reminds me too much of the Seiko Presage Cocktail Time ... and haven't decided whether that's a good or bad thing.
It makes the Presage, at a fraction of the price, that much more appealing.

This JLC is absolutely beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,512 Posts
Limited edition of 100 pieces. What's the size?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts