WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife bought me the sterile dial MWC black Sub for my birthday last month. The first watch arrived and when I unscrewed the screw down crown I couldn't fully unscrew it without activating the date adjustment. Therefore everytime I tried to unlock the crown I would have to adjust the date. Totally unacceptable. They quickly shipped me another watch and extra nato strap to cover my return shipping expense. The second watch looked better aside from the bezel feeling very cheap. Instead of 60 clicks, one for each minute, there were many more clicks, and I couldn't get the bezel to sit flat at 60. After a few days of wear suddenly the small 0 marker on the bezel fell off leaving a hole in the bezel.

I've tried communicating with MWC but they are impossible. They say they've never had problems like these, but I also have a friend who bought one on my recommendation, and is also very disappointed. I've since contacted American Express and won the claim, but received and email back from MWC threatening bad reviews of my business as well. I'm reporting their practices to AMEX and the BBB.

STEER CLEAR

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Do you mind sharing some pictures? Appreciate the warning, but it would be more effective with some photo evidence.

I lost the pip on my bezel once before too, but luckily I was able to locate it and glue it back on. Very disappointing, I agree.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Lost the pip on my Marathon clearly a headache with lots of divers models

I had nightmares with a Marathon when the pip fell out and although it looked initially as if it was a case of buying a replacement and adding glue then pushing it in it was actually a return to factory job. Having said that the watch was faultless other than that and I have a new Marathon that has been fine and the pip looks different and is likely OK. I think this was an issue because I saw something at Lost Marathon "0" Luminous Pip Off Bezel: Help! - The Watch Forum

As far as MWC I own an MWC PVD Tritium diver and that doesn't have the pip so I have no issues with that but I think the pip issue is always a headache because friends have other brands where this seems to happen and means a whole new bezel insert. I was speaking to my work colleague while typing this and he has a CWC PVD SBS watch and we looked through the forum to see if there was an issue with those and found this link https://www.watchuseek.com/f74/cwc-diver-cautionary-tale-674633.html although he has had no problems and its 8 years old and still going strong. Nevertheless all this surely begs the question that there has to be a better way to make divers watches than using the various pip systems because it seems a common issue on lots of brands and although a small problem technically is a major annoyance.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Re: Lost the pip on my Marathon clearly a headache with lots of divers models

If they retaliate by posting bad reviews of your business, you post it here. We will go all-out assault on their online reviews: Yelp, Amazon, Google, Price-Grabber, Yahoo Shopping. Everywhere.

There can be no quarter for a business that will threaten a customer's livelihood over a single bad transaction, even if they think they are getting hosed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.