WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, Although I have been tinkering with watches for some time now, mainly mechanical analog timepieces. I have never really been intrigued with LCD watches, so you can say I am very green in this area. In this buy/sell/trade watch world that we are in, I've had several G-Shocks come my way but never pulled the trigger until yesterday. The first thing that stood out on this watch was the plastic(resin) and metal bracelet. Secondly, there was just something about the face(dial) that was captivating and lastly the price, I purchased it for $30. After reading about this online, I learned a few things, its discontinued (replaced with GW-5610), solar, atomic, reverse LCD, etc. So is this a rare watch? How much is its current market value? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Only 30, that's a great deal, i have two watches on that bracelet and its the most confortable that i have, congrats neat piece mate!
Its kind Hard to see one speacialy in that condition, and i think current market that one worths everiday around 80 to 120$ depending if it has box and papers!

Enviado do meu Passport através de Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hello folks, Although I have been tinkering with watches for some time now, mainly mechanical analog timepieces. I have never really been intrigued with LCD watches, so you can say I am very green in this area. In this buy/sell/trade watch world that we are in, I've had several G-Shocks come my way but never pulled the trigger until yesterday. The first thing that stood out on this watch was the plastic(resin) and metal bracelet. Secondly, there was just something about the face(dial) that was captivating and lastly the price, I purchased it for $30. After reading about this online, I learned a few things, its discontinued (replaced with GW-5610), solar, atomic, reverse LCD, etc. So is this a rare watch? How much is its current market value? Thanks.

That's an even better deal than my £25 M5610 find the other day. I originally had the glossy black minimal dial writing version of your watch but with a regular strap. It was £104 on Amazon.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/found-real-bargain-today-2853346.html

Great find - you may find legibility of the display a bit tricky when not in a well-lit room or outside, but there is always auto-el.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Nice pickup! The bracelet looks to be in good condition, and that part alone sells for $80-$100 new
Agreed. That bracelet new is about $100 from parts resellers, and occasionally you can get it for less when there's a site sale. $30 for a GW-M5600BC? Steal. SUPER steal. That's cheaper than a full retail price of a DW-5600E!

Are you going to keep it or resell? Sounds like from your question that you're exploring the possibility of flipping...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed. That bracelet new is about $100 from parts resellers, and occasionally you can get it for less when there's a site sale. $30 for a GW-M5600BC? Steal. SUPER steal. That's cheaper than a full retail price of a DW-5600E!

Are you going to keep it or resell? Sounds like from your question that you're exploring the possibility of flipping...
Prices seem to be all over the place on G-Shocks. I would not know where to even begin with the price.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Prices seem to be all over the place on G-Shocks. I would not know where to even begin with the price.
Well, if you don't mind audibly useless alarms, and the slightly challenging negative display, you may enjoy this watch. The bracelet is super comfortable. It adds just enough weight to give the watch a classier feeling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts