WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I have to say is wow!!! This is by far the nicest of my three. I am in awe of this. The bracelet by far is the best of any of my Doxa's.

I do have some questions though. Note the bezel some of the numbers have lost their color. Is their a way to get this fixed? It has a few scratches but i can live with those. I also thought of sending it in for a new bezel. I set the time to Atomic so i will check the accuracy for one week and if i see a deviation i can't live with it will definately go in for some servicing and if that happens i will get a new bezel.

One more thing to add is that the original owner had it bead blasted. I guess this is why i got a fairly good deal. I still am truly in love with my new Doxa.

So enjoy my pictures.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
That's an incredible watch. I really like the bracelet. Is Doxa thinking of making this type of bracelet again? Weaqr it in good health

Thom

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
You can do the fix yourself. First, get some cape cod, mask off the brush finished inner bezel and polish up the polished outer bezel. no need to press too hard, just grt rid of all the hairlines. it will really shine. Get some good quality enamel paint, modelers paint will do. paint in the nujbers and wipe off the excess and let dry.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Nick,

I am really starting to like the 300T! I think the end links and case design is beautiful. Great Seahunter!

·
Registered
129 Posts
GREAT BUY! Mine hasn't left my wrist in 4 years. Enjoy being in the SeaHunter Club! VERY exclusive!

Cheers.Gary

·
Registered
813 Posts
Nick,

The seahunter is my favorite, with the 600t DS coming in close second. The Seahunter 300t is a truly unique piece. I like polished but the beadblast looks way cool on yours. Enjoy.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Why would you replace the bezel? I think it looks fine. Just some paint and a really small brush and presto!! good as new.........

Excellent pick up by the way.........

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
That's a really great looking watch. I like that it isn't perfect....good character !! If you do decide to fix the number please post some pictures of before and after.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Congrats on the SeaHunter:-!

If you want a quick and easy fix for the missing numbers on the bezel, find an orange crayon that is close to the dial shade and fill in the numbers, wipe off the excess and your good as new.

Not as good a fix as the enamel paint suggested but it works.

Enjoy

Dave

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, after further consideration and some recommendations . i will leave the watch as is for now. I may just try that crayon fix. A ten cent crayon coloring a 1350.00 watch. i can see it now. i will get my daughter to do it, and post some pics. this is going to be classic. :thanks

to be continued :-!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Enjoy yours. I love mine and it is still one of my favorites!:-!

Cheers,

David

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
wow, i have to say an orange crayola crayon works wonders. I think i have a watchmaker in training. :-d
I have to say, those are some of my favorite pics to date. I love how you are getting the whole family involved in your obsession:-d

·
Registered
349 Posts
wow, i have to say an orange crayola crayon works wonders. I think i have a watchmaker in training. :-d
Nick, impressive results. I love that dial! I think I want a 300T! Maybe I should have included some of these features in my "dream DOXA."

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have to say, those are some of my favorite pics to date. I love how you are getting the whole family involved in your obsession:-d
Thanks Jason!

I think I may be on to something here. My daughter said she wanted a watch like mine. Do you think Doxa can market a kid’s watch maybe in the $50-$100 range? It would definitely have to be in DOXA ORANGE. A Swiss made kid’s watch it may just be the first of its kind just like the HRV back in the 60’s.

This probably will never go anywhere but, Doxa if you are listening I am on board.

Take care

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks Jason!

I think I may be on to something here. My daughter said she wanted a watch like mine. Do you think Doxa can market a kid’s watch maybe in the $50-$100 range? It would definitely have to be in DOXA ORANGE. A Swiss made kid’s watch it may just be the first of its kind just like the HRV back in the 60’s.

This probably will never go anywhere but, Doxa if you are listening I am on board.

Take care
My 3 boys want a DOXA so bad, they can't stand it. I let them wear mine for a few seconds, now and then.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It’s been in nine days and I am at +21 Seconds. So gaining 2.3 seconds a day is incredible. :-! I can’t be any happier. For those that don’t have one of these little monsters :oops: I Highly suggest you try and get one. o|

Also, I like that name a lot for a future Doxa let’s all say it aloud Doxa SeaMonster. :-d

take care

1 - 20 of 20 Posts