WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In my junk drawer I had an old Casio Illuminator watch for years, can't even believe the battery works, but about 6 months ago my 9 yr old daughter found it and asked if she could wear it on a girlscouts camping trip (because it glowed). I said sure enjoy it, keep it, wear it, love it...

Well she had worn it everyday and to my surprise rarely even took it off since that campout. But yesterday she fell on the playground and scratched the heck out of the front plastic :( She was crying so hard over it, sad she messed up her watch and worried I would be mad about it. I told her it was no big deal not mad in ANY way over it, but she is still moping around the house from this...

Is there a way to even fix that or does anyone have one in their junk drawer similar they would sell me cheap or something to help replace this watch for her?

Here are the pics to show what she had...

Thanks for anyone out there who might know if i can fix it easily or where to get the front plastic part or who might have one in their junk drawer similar to this?

Bill :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did find almost the same watch just all black on amazon for $17 and a ladies model (a bit smaller) in all black as well for just a few $$ more, http://www.amazon.com/Casio-Womens-...r_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1268468970&sr=1-6
but was hoping someone might have one in their junk drawer and wanna help out a 9 yr old here, guessing trying to find or replace that front plastic is pretty much just more trouble than it's worth...

Any suggestions of what I could do to reduce the big thick white scratches from the concrete when she fell?

Bill :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
as a father of a little girl, i hear your pain. daddy always has to be able to fix things. even if its a dead pet goldfish. . .

try buffing out with novus plastic polish products use the harsh stuff first and go down to the finer grit products. its hard to say without looking at how deep the scratches are but its a start. Novus can be found on Amazon.

second option is to find a piece of acrylic and cut out a replacement with a dremel. i don't know if its possible (take apart watch and replace the plastic basically).

good luck and hope it works out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts