WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I needed to change the time by going one hour back (for example 12:00 yesterday is 11:00) today.
Before I changed it, the accuracy was exemplary, about +2.5 sec per day. Now after the change it went back 5 seconds in HALF AN HOUR! Several minutes since the morning!
What's going on!?

Edit: I've set it well out of the danger zone, so that can't be the reason.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm not quite sure I understand when you changed the time. Noon yesterday changing an hour behind is 11am the same day. If you're changing from midnight back to 11pm then that is going back a day

·
Premium Member
60,718 Posts
If you have just gone from British Summer Time to GMT and changed the watch well outside any danger zone I can't think what the problem may be. Set the time again to exactly the correct time and monitor it for a day to see how it goes on. It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that you set it incorrectly when you made the change (I once set a watch 5 minutes fast and ended up wearing it for another day to make sure it was my error and not the watch's)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's actually very weird... I'm starting to think that the clock at that site I'm using is malfunctioning. Tried several times to set it according to that clock and after several minutes my watch already didn't match the site. Then I set my watch to match my PC's clock... and it is accurate now. So... maybe the site was wrong? I'm really confused at the moment... for now I will keep monitoring it using my PC's clock and not that site and see how it goes. Should've figured that losing 5 seconds in half an hour (and about 5 minutes in several hours) is way too strange.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Once I had something similar after I dropped watch from table on the ground. It wasn't my beloved Aquis though, but still eta powered automatic watch.
It started to loose around 5 minutes in half hour and in few days I made a visit to watchmaker.
It was some minor damage and that excellent guy fixed it right away and it is still running fine.
Of course I hope it's website clock glitch in your case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well my watch certainly didn't hit anything at all... Anyways so far so good, looks like it really was that site. Last check tomorrow morning, if really nothing has changed I should expect to have about +2 seconds, maybe a little bit less. I really am very impressed it made it to maintain such accuracy in the first place. Deep within COSC.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Checked it again now, gained about 1 second in the night. Looks like it was a false alarm after all. Sorry for all of that... and thanks for the help.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It got me seriously scared, that's for sure... I own this watch for just about a week and a half, new from the AD. Haven't even sized the bracelet yet.

·
Registered
261 Posts
That website is probably owned by a watch repair place, lol.
Glad to hear your watch is running ok. Wear it in good health.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts